Honda 1000-5D wiper kit

R

riverjetter

May 10, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the Honda factory glass windshield installed on my new PK5 Deluxe when I purchased my machine, now I'd like to install a wiper kit to go with it. I'd like to get around using the expensive OEM wiper kit and overpriced switch panel which is required to do the install if possible. What other options are out there? Also does anyone know if the OEM wiper kit has a sprayer to wet and wash the screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: TxDoc
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama.
I have manual wipers on my P5, but I've been thinking about putting a 12VDC boat wiper.
Not sure about the OEM kit having a washer system, but I picked up a kit a few years ago at one of the auto stores for around $25, works pretty good.

Reactions: Remington
R

riverjetter

May 10, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DaddyDubbs, can you explain in further detail what you used. Manufacturer, part numbers etc. I found numerous kits other than the OEM but there were some issues I discovered that might affect their performance. The first issue was the amount of sweep each kit provided. My factory windshield has only one hole so installing dual wipers isn't an option. Most of the kits I found only had about 110 degree sweep which would not clear the entire windshield and I would need two motors to do that. Another issue was the fitment of the aftermarket motor, would it seal tight and mount stable enough when banging down the rougher roads? Another concern was the length of the blade, how do I reach both sides of the windshield where the driver and passenger sit before the blade hits the hood at the bottom of the windshield.? Further information about what you used or other members have done would be greatly appreciated.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Dad put the oem honda wiper on his. It does not clear the entire windshield. I would guess it is in the 110° range. I have a manual wiper on mine ($23) and I like it better than his. I don't ride in the rain enough to justify the 10x price at this time. No wait, 20x the price with Hondas wiring kit.