P1000m5 Highlighter 2.5” lift

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the opportunity to buy a new in box hL 2.5” lift for $100. I was curious from those of you that have it installed, do you regret it? Are there any negatives to installing it? I’m on the fence at this point. I just bought and installed new 28” reptiles and they fit fine. So should I or shan’t I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the opportunity to buy a new in box hL 2.5” lift for $100. I was curious from those of you that have it installed, do you regret it? Are there any negatives to installing it? I’m on the fence at this point. I just bought and installed new 28” reptiles and they fit fine. So should I or shan’t I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/Qif

It depends if you want a stiffer ride, the HL makes it a little stiffer than the factory ride. If you decide not to get it, let me know, my son in law is wanting one for his 1000.

Reactions: pct and BWAF
R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It depends if you want a stiffer ride, the HL makes it a little stiffer than the factory ride. If you decide not to get it, let me know, my son in law is wanting one for his 1000.

Ok, thanks. Not really wanting a stiffer ride, just a little more clearance.

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

I like mine.. it is a little stiffer but it’s not bad, I really like the feel better. And it does add the clearance, which is handy! For $100 buy it and if you don’t like it someone here will take it off your hands. It’s an easy install and adds strength at the shock mounts.

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like mine.. it is a little stiffer but it’s not bad, I really like the feel better. And it does add the clearance, which is handy! For $100 buy it and if you don’t like it someone here will take it off your hands.

Ok, thanks.

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

Negative... you loose a little width and it does add to the cv angle.. but I don’t know of anyone that’s been an issue for.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is about 2.5yrs old and still like it. Ran with stock shocks. The rear axle angle is on the steep side but hasn't caused me one problem yet. No regrets whatsoever.

Reactions: JTW and RickMaynard
R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the input. I guess I’m gonna bite the bullet and slap down a Benjamin.

Reactions: pct
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran that lift for a few rides and removed it. didn't care for the higher center of gravity. everything is a tradeoff, so really just depends on how and where you ride.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran that lift for a few rides and removed it. didn't care for the higher center of gravity. everything is a tradeoff, so really just depends on how and where you ride.

Wish I could take mine off because of the higher CG. Hasn’t caused an issue yet but it’s definitely noticeable. Ask @Kilo427 or @Tramguage1 we all drove up hanging rock at mulberry fine last time and now those with lifts ride big wheelies up it.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish I could take mine off because of the higher CG. Hasn’t caused an issue yet but it’s definitely noticeable. Ask @Kilo427 or @Tramguage1 we all drove up hanging rock at mulberry fine last time and now those with lifts ride big wheelies up it.

Some rode bigger wheelies than others lol.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Aftermarket shocks will help with clearance , to a point, add Super ATV arched A arms and 30 inch tires, and now you are close to a 2.5 inch lift in clearance or more. Comparing to lift and stock shocks and A arms. And you don't change the angle of the dangle on your shocks.

Reactions: pct
Fireman013

Fireman013

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nashville Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doing a 30” tire on 15” wheels and used spacers to add stability to ride. Rear only

advertisement