P500 High pitched squeal when it warms up

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Finally getting out this year to ride a bit and notice a high pitched squeal, or singing, from the front end. Sort of sounds like a tea kettle. Haven't popped the hood yet but sort of expect a coolant leak or the radiator cap leaking. Anyone have that happen?

• Haha
Reactions: Remington and ChadD
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Haven't heard of that before . . .

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone have that happen?
Hard to tell you what a “squeal” sound is or if we've had the same without physically hearing it. If you are married, you should understand this 😂🤣
So take a vigea of it, load it to LubeTube, copy and paste it here. You’ll get better results

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I came home today, but going back next week. I have a windshield and have to remove it to get the hood off. I was tied up, else I would have opened it up. When I'm back up there I'll have a peek, and/or take a video if I don't see anything immediately apparent.

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Without physically hearing it, throwing darts now.
Rear brake got mud, dust crud in it?
Wash the hell out of it then try it. Only real way to check that off the list

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So maybe it doesn't apply to the P500

Buy it might help
Screenshot 20240811 103940 Drive

advertisement
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Possibly a rock hung up in the rotor? Try backing up and applying the brakes hard 2 or 3 times. If it’s a rock in a rotor it will usually back out with this method.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I don't think it's anything in the brakes or drive shafts, but until I am back up there I won't say it isn't.

It starts when it gets hot, and when I'm moving. Slow down or stop and the noise stops... which could be indicative of something is the brakes or shafts, so I won't rule it out but it doesn't "act" like it's that. It's def coming from the front, under the hood as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don't think it's anything in the brakes or drive shafts, but until I am back up there I won't say it isn't.

It starts when it gets hot, and when I'm moving. Slow down or stop and the noise stops... which could be indicative of something is the brakes or shafts, so I won't rule it out but it doesn't "act" like it's that. It's def coming from the front, under the hood as far as I can tell.
Dont forget to hit “reply” or tagg the person @Tom_C your replying to so they get a notice like you did or they may never know you replied if they dont come back to the thread every now and again or it may take alot longer to get your issue resolved 😉

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Dont forget to hit “reply” or tagg the person @Tom_C your replying to so they get a notice like you did or they may never know you replied if they dont come back to the thread every now and again or it may take alot longer to get your issue resolved 😉
I was replying to the 'thread' because there was more than one person who commented. I was saying that when I am back and can answer the questions better then I will do it. But, I'll use the reply option, if that's what you would like me to do.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was replying to the 'thread' because there was more than one person who commented. I was saying that when I am back and can answer the questions better then I will do it. But, I'll use the reply option, if that's what you would like me to do.
Hay man, Im just trying to help thats all. Its was not criticism to you.

I looked back on your old posts before i responded and almost all of them you didint hit reply or tag the person you responded to.
If you just forgot So be it. But it looked like the ladder and I was just trying to help so u got answers and more promptly. No need to get bent lol. Its not “what Id like for you to do” at all. Again unsolicited advice, its your thread do what you want. 👍🏻

• Wow
Reactions: Tom_C
advertisement