GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking into buying a lift for my p1k5. Just curious what the pros and cons between the two are. The strong made is a little cheaper so I am leaning towards it but any feedback is appreciated.
Not really looking to go with larger tires right now but would like a little more ground clearance and firmer suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Highlifter's installation is simple, it has a better finished installed look and has a life time warranty. I have noticed a tighter feel in the suspension but after testing it over Labor Day weekend I'm very happy with it!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm not positive on others but agree with Eltobi on the feel. Really nice. Delton says the same thing.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: GlockMeister
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had the strongmade before my CATVOS a-arms and it was alright for what it was, but if I had to do it again I would get the HL kit because I doubt you could run the strongmade with forward A-arms because the lift bolts to the a-arms themselves instead of the upper shock mounts like the HL.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've heard good reviews on both. I have the HL and it handles alot better with it than without, which really surprised me. More solid feel to it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The high lifter system makes the shocks more vertical and removes leverage which makes them seem a little bit stiffer. The pioneer 1000 needs a little bit stiffer springs up front if you have added a lot of accessories. So, the high lifter system does make the machine feel more stable and adds a good amount of lift.

@Delton has more ground clearance with 28 1/2 inch tires then I do with 30 inch tires! I am using the CATVOS system and he is using the high lifter system.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The high lifter system makes the shocks more vertical and removes leverage which makes them seem a little bit stiffer. The pioneer 1000 needs a little bit stiffer springs up front if you have added a lot of accessories. So, the high lifter system does make the machine feel more stable and adds a good amount of lift.

@Delton has more ground clearance with 28 1/2 inch tires then I do with 30 inch tires! I am using the CATVOS system and he is using the high lifter system.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao
Yeah and after watching Don tear through the same stuff we do....I'm second guessing my decision lol (not)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah and after watching Don tear through the same stuff we do....I'm second guessing my decision lol (not)
Seriously though. Those on a budget, don't be sitting there sweating about raising your 1000. With a decent set of tires you'll be out there ripping it up with the best of them. I personally like the lifted look so I love my HL lift regardless of performance. But arms or a lift are not mandatory for raising hell off-road.

Reactions: GlockMeister
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I really like he ability to run 30" tires and keep a low center of gravity. However, you're extra ground clearance beats me in the mud.

How about a deal? I'll lead in the rock trails and you lead in the mud trails.

Back to the OP's question, the strong made will provide adequate lift and ride smooth but the HL will provide probably a little more lift and make the ride more stable stiff. Both systems are worth the money and the owner should pick what's suits their needs best.

SIGNATURE:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't forget about spring spacers. I honestly would say they worked darn near as good and to have them cut at a steel company would be around 10$. But I do like my hl kit

Sent from iPhone

advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm with @Delton on liking the lifted look. I have lifted all the trucks I own ( except my wife's 4 runner) said she kill me if I did hers. Down the line when my big horns bite the dust I'll probably go with 30s if I lift. I do like that the HL kit is cleaner looking and the stiffer suspension is something I like. Thanks for all the replies everyone! Is anyone running the strong made? Seems majority is HL.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's a gift.
I'll lead in the rock trails and you lead in the mud trails.
Trash talk: I'm calling bull s***!... ;)
I'm with @Delton on liking the lifted look. I have lifted all the trucks I own ( except my wife's 4 runner) said she kill me if I did hers. Down the line when my big horns bite the dust I'll probably go with 30s if I lift. I do like that the HL kit is cleaner looking and the stiffer suspension is something I like. Thanks for all the replies everyone! Is anyone running the strong made? Seems majority is HL.
I really believe like lifting trucks.. and I've had a few, anytime you change the angle of the dangle and add larger anything you are putting more stress on a system that may or may not be designed to take it. Although the "look" is nice, I'm not yet convinced it's a real time advantage for rock crawling or mudding. Good tires on stock rims are a better choice and cheaper for me.:cool:

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a gift.

Trash talk: I'm calling bull s***!... ;)

I really believe like lifting trucks.. and I've had a few, anytime you change the angle of the dangle and add larger anything you are putting more stress on a system that may or may not be designed to take it. Although the "look" is nice, I'm not yet convinced it's a real time advantage for rock crawling or mudding. Good tires on stock rims are a better choice and cheaper for me.:cool:
I believe a little more clearance is an advantage at times, just not a necessity. The rear axle angle is steep. I think I measured around 32 degrees with my meter IIRC. Getting close to 1000 miles and still trouble free. I guess time will tell.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I believe a little more clearance is an advantage at times, just not a necessity. The rear axle angle is steep. I think I measured around 32 degrees with my meter IIRC. Getting close to 1000 miles and still trouble free. I guess time will tell.

I also believe a little lift is an advantage (especially if you're rig still sits lower then stock with it ) but I agree with Delton on the angle of the half shafts being a little worrisome. There is no way the life expectancy will be the same but hopefully not bad.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also believe a little lift is an advantage (especially if you're rig still sits lower then stock with it ) but I agree with Delton on the angle of the half shafts being a little worrisome. There is no way the life expectancy will be the same but hopefully not bad.

Sent from iPhone
How many miles you got hotrod? How many was on your old one? You know I'm coming for ya right? I'm somewhere around 925 now.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You've got me by 200 now. But I keep starting over. I say I'll have 500 on ya by rb:) that is only if we don't kill it again or lightning doesn't strike it. 0b135161898c3ae265b32ece2bebc672

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You've got me by 200 now. But I keep starting over. I say I'll have 500 on ya by rb:) that is only if we don't kill it again or lightning doesn't strike it. View attachment 21877
Are you counting both of your machines? Cause I started back in January. Don't just count the white one, that wouldn't be fair.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well then I'd be over 2300

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Eltobgi
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you counting both of your machines? Cause I started back in January. Don't just count the white one, that wouldn't be fair.
Had a hankering for some kfc yesterday after work so I drove it there. Cruising the boulevard on a weekend night was fun! Lol. Had a cop eyeballing the heck outta me. I was just begging for him to pull me over lol

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement