P1000 High Lifter A-Arm Install Tips

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody finish up the High Lifter A-arm install? Remember any of the tips/tricks you found along the way? I just read through the instructions they post on their webpage, and they mention that the ball joints can be "difficult" to remove/install. To me, I read that as, "You will definitely damage at least one Ball joint, and spill at least one beer". haha

Ordered them yesterday. Plan to install as soon as I get back to town. Just wanted to see if you guys learned anything I should plan for. Hopefully they have the bracket lift fitment issues figured out, I'll be installing that kit along with the Front A-arms.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Didn't have any problems with the ball joints when I switched them over to the CATVOS arms. I used an OTC ball joint set with Ford adapters. Check the rental kits at Autozone or Oriellys and see if they come with a decent set of adapters. I just got back up here, doubt you want to wait 2 weeks to borrow my set, but let me know if you do.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't have any problems with the ball joints when I switched them over to the CATVOS arms. I used an OTC ball joint set with Ford adapters. Check the rental kits at Autozone or Oriellys and see if they come with a decent set of adapters. I just got back up here, doubt you want to wait 2 weeks to borrow my set, but let me know if you do.

Thanks! I have the OTC Ball Joint Press Kit (used to replace F-350 ball joints/U-Joints), so I will give that a go. One more week up here in Kuparuk, then head home to get the install done.

We went out to Eureka, and with the 28" blackwaters hard over, there was slight rubbing on the driver side fender. I am hoping with the lift and A-arms installed I can clear 30's without rubbing. I ordered the 28" blackwaters on Amazon Prime (free shipping). Looks like they got smart. I looked for 30" blackwaters, and they don't have them on Amazon Prime anymore. haha

Reactions: joeymt33
D

Dirty10

Dec 15, 2016
Eastern Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anybody finish up the High Lifter A-arm install? Remember any of the tips/tricks you found along the way? I just read through the instructions they post on their webpage, and they mention that the ball joints can be "difficult" to remove/install. To me, I read that as, "You will definitely damage at least one Ball joint, and spill at least one beer". haha

Ordered them yesterday. Plan to install as soon as I get back to town. Just wanted to see if you guys learned anything I should plan for. Hopefully they have the bracket lift fitment issues figured out, I'll be installing that kit along with the Front A-arms.[/QU

I ordered new placements from Honda will need my stock arms to put my tracks back on.. install was super straight forward however I am very disappointed with the results! My front lower arms rub on my wheels with the slightest turn on the bottom. Very disappointed. had to go with 14" wheels>