P1000 High Clearance A-arms

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Probably going to order the Super ATV High clearance a-arms today. I wanted to check in with everybody on what their thoughts were. I figured I’d probably follow up the purchase in a few months with some Fox Shocks. The wife and I plan on doing a lot of riding this summer and fall and just really want a comfortable ride for her!
Any thoughts on the a-arms?
Anybody else running the shocks with the a-arms?
How is the ride? Worth the money?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably going to order the Super ATV High clearance a-arms today. I wanted to check in with everybody on what their thoughts were. I figured I’d probably follow up the purchase in a few months with some Fox Shocks. The wife and I plan on doing a lot of riding this summer and fall and just really want a comfortable ride for her!

Yes worth it

B0a2bc6efda889d9c41195e1be88c808

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm happy with mine. SATV has great customer service and ask no questions if you have a warranty claim. I'm running Walker Evan shocks and they are probably one of the best upgrades I've made. I think any after market shock will make you happy!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m curious how you guys decided on a shock?

Ima perfectionist I never would have settled on one of the 100,000 combinations on the ELKAs or 1000 combinations on the WE, Fox has three settings and depending on what terrain and how I’m riding it takes maybe 45-60secs to change all four for the day. I Usually leave it in softest setting, sometimes middle, very rarely stiffest (I tried them out getting a little air one time and soaked it up like a CHAMP even with heavy windshield on top of all the normal accessories I have.)

Fox was a better price too but if I’d thought the extra $$$ was worth it FOR ME I’d have spent it.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m curious how you guys decided on a shock?
You ready to laugh, I didn't want red.....
I did do my homework some too between Walkers and Elkas. That being said if I were in a sport model, I would have went with Elkas stage 5. From everything I've heard the Fox shocks are a great match for the pioneer. There is a new shock option fresh to the scene I would consider looking into as well. Think the price is around $1000 for all 4 corners. (Viking Shocks?)

J

JTW

Ima perfectionist I never would have settled on one of the 100,000 combinations on the ELKAs or 1000 combinations on the WE, Fox has three settings and depending on what terrain and how I’m riding it takes maybe 45-60secs to change all four for the day. I Usually leave it in softest setting, sometimes middle, very rarely stiffest (I tried them out getting a little air one time and soaked it up like a CHAMP even with heavy windshield on top of all the normal accessories I have.)

Fox was a better price too but if I’d thought the extra $$$ was worth it FOR ME I’d have spent it.
Exactly!

Reactions: Farmerjohn
J

JTW

Just to throw this out there.. why are you adding a arms? You know the SATV a-arms don’t add any lift? It’s basically just a better a arm. If you want an a arm with lift.. look to cfab. Or you’ll be adding a high lifter lift if you want more ground clearance.

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just to throw this out there.. why are you adding a arms? You know the SATV a-arms don’t add any lift? It’s basically just a better a arm. If you want an a arm with lift.. look to cfab. Or you’ll be adding a high lifter lift if you want more ground clearance.

I’ll take a look at them but I was just interested in a touch more clearance and a better ride with the shocks. I’ve had lifts on my machines before and it always seems like that’s when everything starts to go... it got way to pricey for me last time.

J

JTW

I’ll take a look at them but I was just interested in a touch more clearance and a better ride with the shocks. I’ve had lifts on my machines before and it always seems like that’s when everything starts to go... it got way to pricey for me last time.
Oh I get it... I just didn’t want you to expect one thing from them and they not meet your expectations. You don’t really “gain” clearance with them. I’m running stock arms, Fox shocks and a HL lift. Now when the day comes that I screw up an a arm I’ll probably go to a SATV arm or maybe bypass the HL lift and go the Cfab route.

advertisement
Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh I get it... I just didn’t want you to expect one thing from them and they not meet your expectations. You don’t really “gain” clearance with them. I’m running stock arms, Fox shocks and a HL lift. Now when the day comes that I screw up an a arm I’ll probably go to a SATV arm or maybe bypass the HL lift and go the Cfab route.

I appreciate it!

Reactions: JTW
ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SATV arms give you the 1.5" forward as well so you can run a little bigger tire without rubbing, correct?

J

JTW

The SATV arms give you the 1.5" forward as well so you can run a little bigger tire without rubbing, correct?
That they do.. if you have plans of running a 30” tire then go for it... but don’t do it thinking you’re gaining ground clearance.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just put them on my 1000 a couple weeks ago. The do not work however with the stock, non-deluxe 12" rims. They are grinding bad on the rim when the suspension compresses even with the slightest turn. Other than that I really like them and they give me an excuse to upgrade to at least some 14" deluxe rims if I can find a good deal on some!

I have an install vid of them in my section of the forum.

Reactions: ohiohunter and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just put them on my 1000 a couple weeks ago. The do not work however with the stock, non-deluxe 12" rims. They are grinding bad on the rim when the suspension compresses even with the slightest turn. Other than that I really like them and they give me an excuse to upgrade to at least some 14" deluxe rims if I can find a good deal on some!

Or dual beadlocks I had to grind about 3/16-1/4” off the bottom arm knuckle on a spot it rubbed at full compression and full lock.

Reactions: jay_man81
Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Good to know!

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've been debating just doing that as well but I'm sure it voids warrenty. Things things look beefy enough though. I'm going to do a build on it sometime and will be upgrading rims and tires then but probably not till next year(My P5 build is this year) and hate to buy rims and tires twice.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been debating just doing that as well but I'm sure it voids warrenty. Things things look beefy enough though. I'm going to do a build on it sometime and will be upgrading rims and tires then but probably not till next year(My P5 build is this year) and hate to buy rims and tires twice.

It was just flattening a corner for me.

Reactions: jay_man81
S

Spoobyp1005

Dec 17, 2018
goldsboro
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to forum. Jus bought a p1k5 on Halloween. Looking to do some upgrades. Was wondering who all offer a arms for these things that doesn’t cost arm and leg for complete set. Thanks in advance

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Or of course there is the SuperATV Portal option you're so fond of; maybe 8" when they come out for Honda? :)

But I digress, I have SuperATV 1 1/2" front and rear A Arms and needed them for the clearance of 30" tires with a 4" Portal lift. I'm stuck at that tire size as I have an LE Pioneer and you can't get Rino Axles for an LE, the stock LE axle will bind if I put on the SuperATV 3" shock lift. The LE came with the FOX shocks and I love them, they are ten times better than the stock shocks; I also have a same year 1000-3 EPS so I compared the two and the FOX shock wins hands down. Obviously my Honda's are two different animals to serve different purpose but ride is ride.

One other benefit: the SuperATV a-arms have zerk fittings so you can great them periodically.

advertisement