P1000 Hesitation, miss, limiter or clutch????

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok some im getting some concrete put in my shop and had to move everything out and down to my MIL about 3/4 mile down the road round trip. Put the pioneer in LOW, go down the road about 20-25mph don't notice anything. Unload the trailer, same thing LOW range coming down the road running about 22mph give it some gas it starts bucking like its running out of gas. I don't think it would have been the limiter because when it did it I had to slow down and turn into my driveway and got it up to 32mph in low range. I believe right around that mph in low range its shifting into 6th gear and I wonder if it was like hanging up in 5th. I wasn't able to duplicate it, so im kind of scratching my head here. Anyone else had an issue like this? Ive cruised through trails in low between 20-25mph and have never had an issue before.
20170304 141529

Reactions: Ridem32
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Maybe water in the gas. Put it in manual mode and let it hit the limiter in first gear and you will see how the machine feels when you hit the limiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmward

pmward

Jul 28, 2016
Galena, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe water in the gas. Put it in manual mode and let it hit the limiter in first gear and you will see how the machine feels when you hit the limiter.

There is a speed (not rev) limiter in low range somewhere around 32 -36 mph. First time I hit it, I thought I was out of gas or in serious trouble.

Reactions: ghost
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok some im getting some concrete put in my shop and had to move everything out and down to my MIL about 3/4 mile down the road round trip. Put the pioneer in LOW, go down the road about 20-25mph don't notice anything. Unload the trailer, same thing LOW range coming down the road running about 22mph give it some gas it starts bucking like its running out of gas. I don't think it would have been the limiter because when it did it I had to slow down and turn into my driveway and got it up to 32mph in low range. I believe right around that mph in low range its shifting into 6th gear and I wonder if it was like hanging up in 5th. I wasn't able to duplicate it, so im kind of scratching my head here. Anyone else had an issue like this? Ive cruised through trails in low between 20-25mph and have never had an issue before.
View attachment 37629
How may miles do you have on it?

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How may miles do you have on it?
Sorry forgot to add that. 40 miles. 10 hours. Maybe I was at 32mph but I could have sworn it said 22mph. It could be bad gas though I did use gas from some young ATV riders the last time I put gas in it and haven't really road since. Guess Ill have to drain it. Do these tanks have a drain or gonna have to unhook hoses?

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also didn't think about it I added an under the dash snorkel, don't know if maybe the fuel injection hasn't caught up with that mod whether it being more or less fuel needed. But I have put about 1.5 miles on it with the snorkel again at pretty load speeds putting around the farm.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I have under the hood snorkel and no problems at WOT6a3ac49f025649af50c6dec168804db9

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also didn't think about it I added an under the dash snorkel, don't know if maybe the fuel injection hasn't caught up with that mod whether it being more or less fuel needed. But I have put about 1.5 miles on it with the snorkel again at pretty load speeds putting around the farm.
What kind of hose did you use on your snorkel? If it's soft enough, engine could be flattening it out under a load.

Reactions: adnoh and Ridem32
W

WhitsellCountry

Mar 4, 2017
North East Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 37629
What conclusion did you come to? I have 100 miles on my 1000-5 and haven't had it shift out of 1st in low and can't figure out why.

advertisement