Help with purchase

4mlawn

Aug 4, 2015
Iam looking to buy a 700-4. I will be using it for receration mostly. My wife , myself and my two kids( 3 and 7 years old) will be riding in it.
Iam alittle concerned about power with it only being a single cylinder.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then unless you really want near dbl the power in the 1000 or plan on having a 3rd kid. I think the 700 is fine.

If it's REALLY steep and your loaded heavy some people have expressed a desire for more power. I never had that issue.

Power Steering, Winch, lift and tires should be on top of your list though.

Shocks if you ride fast, Honda skimped on the shocks a bit.

4mlawn

Aug 4, 2015
Then unless you really want near dbl the power in the 1000 or plan on having a 3rd kid. I think the 700 is fine.

If it's REALLY steep and your loaded heavy some people have expressed a desire for more power. I never had that issue.

Power Steering, Winch, lift and tires should be on top of your list though.

Shocks if you ride fast, Honda skimped on the shocks a bit.

Thanks!!!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No prob welcome to the forum. I'm sure other people will share their experiences.

Psylas

Psylas

Apr 30, 2015
Anchorage, Alaska
Iam looking to buy a 700-4. I will be using it for receration mostly. My wife , myself and my two kids( 3 and 7 years old) will be riding in it.
Iam alittle concerned about power with it only being a single cylinder.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I bought mine for the same purpose and had the same concern regarding power. Pioneer has no problem hauling my wife, myself, 7 and 14 yr old around the trails. I came from a Canam Commander. No regrets here.