P1000 Heat on Legs

G

Gunnut

Aug 31, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I recently traded up to the P1000 from the P5. While wearing shorts I immediately felt the extreme amount of heat coming in the cab from the radiator heat blowing through the brake pedal hole in the firewall. I tried hanging a piece of rubber on the outside of the firewall, which helped some. I then placed a bright LED light under the machine and saw all of the light from inside the cab. I got a can of low expanding foam and carefully filled all of the holes. That took care of all that hot air blowing in. I think I will take some flat black paint and paint the foam to cover up the tan color. If you try this fix, remember a little of the foam expands a lot.

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently traded up to the P1000 from the P5. While wearing shorts I immediately felt the extreme amount of heat coming in the cab from the radiator heat blowing through the brake pedal hole in the firewall. I tried hanging a piece of rubber on the outside of the firewall, which helped some. I then placed a bright LED light under the machine and saw all of the light from inside the cab. I got a can of low expanding foam and carefully filled all of the holes. That took care of all that hot air blowing in. I think I will take some flat black paint and paint the foam to cover up the tan color. If you try this fix, remember a little of the foam expands a lot.
Interesting solution... Care to share a couple pictures of where you put some of this stuff?

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just play this and you’ll be OK!;)

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing