Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anybody use hearing aids here? Going to get my hearing checked tomorrow, HUGH! Know I need them, what kind are you running?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Get one with a volume control. Most have auto volume and you can't adjust it. Just saying from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are you running? If you get a lift kit does it make you taller? And where did you get them?

advertisement
Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
This sounds much easier than it is, my hearing is bad with constant ringing. My wife and I fight because she gets aggravated when she is constantly repeating herself, so I get hearing aids. Sounds like a no brainer, right?

I spent $4K on hearing aids and tried to use them but it's not easy. The ear doctor said it is hard to become accustomed to having them, and that's an understatement. The first thing you are amazed by is how loud it is when you go pee!

I never got used to the hearing aids and have quit using them. That's $4K sitting in the dresser drawer

Don't go into this with a "what the heck" attitude like I did, go into it knowing that it's not an easy fix and there are some discomfort with it and maybe you won't quit like I did

J

JTW

Smooth pinhead!
IMG 3280 IMG 3281
Do they have hearing aids?

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
After many years of shooting guns, and teaching on gun ranges my hearing is pretty much gone in one frequency range and I have had ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember. My wife said it was selective hearing because that range is the same range as women's voices. I have had Costco hearing aids for a number of years now. They work well, there is a phone app for them so you can control them with your phone and they are about 2K cheaper than the expensive ones that the doctors try to sell you.

We make fun of it but it really is a problem for those of us who have hearing loss and there is some relief with good hearing aids.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After many years of shooting guns, and teaching on gun ranges my hearing is pretty much gone in one frequency range and I have had ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember. My wife said it was selective hearing because that range is the same range as women's voices. I have had Costco hearing aids for a number of years now. They work well, there is a phone app for them so you can control them with your phone and they are about 2K cheaper than the expensive ones that the doctors try to sell you.

We make fun of it but it really is a problem for those of us who have hearing loss and there is some relief with good hearing aids.
Hugh? Ha! Do they have all the frequencies adjustments. I just can't hear my wife.

Reactions: popeye and sharp
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hugh? Ha! Do they have all the frequencies adjustments. I just can't hear my wife.

Not sure of your question but the hearing aids are set you your particular hearing loss problem. You take a test before you get them.

Sometimes not hearing your wife is a good thing but the high freq range is the problem of most men and that is the voice range of women's voices, gun shots, loud engines etc..

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Not sure of your question but the hearing aids are set you your particular hearing loss problem. You take a test before you get them.

Sometimes not hearing your wife is a good thing but the high freq range is the problem of most men and that is the voice range of women's voices, gun shots, loud engines etc..
I'm well on my way!! I can barley hear under 40 frequency..

Reactions: ghost and Miss_Oak
advertisement