P1000 Headliner?

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone thought about installing a headliner in the roof of one of these things to help reduce engine noise? My thought is that the roof bounces sound back down into the cab instead of letting it escape. I know these are quiet compared to other machines but I would still like mine to be a bit quieter.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I haven't.. But it should work fairly well. If you have the full cab I can see it being a great addition.
Shouldn't be that hard to do.
Let us know.

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may give it a try after I get my current mods installed. I think it would be pretty easy to attach some marine grade vinyl to some foam and secure it to the roof. I think it would absorb quite a bit of sound.

J

JTW

Has anyone thought about installing a headliner in the roof of one of these things to help reduce engine noise? My thought is that the roof bounces sound back down into the cab instead of letting it escape. I know these are quiet compared to other machines but I would still like mine to be a bit quieter.
If you drive faster the noise should be left behind you with the dust!

Reactions: hardlyworkin
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you drive faster the noise should be left behind you with the dust!

True. Unfortunately I can only do that about 50% of the time. The wife doesn't care for going that fast so I have to keep it reasonable.

Reactions: JTW
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to have a bass boat that would run 75 mph. My wife would pull her hood over her face, put her head in her lap and wouldn't look up till she felt the boat start to come off plane. LOL.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I DID ON MINE AND IT HELPED ALOT. I went to a fabric store they had a deal on headliner material with a foam backer 48" wide by 10 ft piece and used the spray tacky # 94 3m adhesive from homedepot to install it. alot easier if you install it on the floor in the garage with all the brackets removed. it cleans well too.

advertisement
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I DID ON MINE AND IT HELPED ALOT. I went to a fabric store they had a deal on headliner material with a foam backer 48" wide by 10 ft piece and used the spray tacky # 94 3m adhesive from homedepot to install it. alot easier if you install it on the floor in the garage with all the brackets removed. it cleans well too.
I will look into this method. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk