P1000 Hard Rear Panel

T

Tom_owens95

Nov 21, 2017
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I Bought the OEM Honda Hard Rear Panel for my 1000. I was quite please with how easy it was to install until it came to the metal brackets that are to be mounted on the side roll bars. I think its a poor design on Honda's part and for as much money as it costs is should of been designed better.

Reactions: Smitty335
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I Bought the OEM Honda Hard Rear Panel for my 1000. I was quite please with how easy it was to install until it came to the metal brackets that are to be mounted on the side roll bars. I think its a poor design on Honda's part and for as much money as it costs is should of been designed better.

Got any pics of what you are referring?

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Plan on getting one after Christmas. More install info?

T

Tom_owens95

Nov 21, 2017
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The install is pretty easy. install the two clamps up top, similar to the ones that come with the roof and windshield. Then raise the bed and there is 5 bolts that you loosen that attach the seat back to the frame. Slide the panel down and do any necessary adjustments for the perfect fit. Tighten the bolts back and attach the two side pieces using the snap clips. The panel comes with two brackets you have to drill a hole into the main piece of the panel. The bracket is short and doesn't line up without a bunch of pressure on the panel and even then the threads are garbage. the washers that came with the bolts are too small also.

Reactions: Tuco69