P1000 Hard-coat windshield

C

coleman4868

I had a Honda brand hard coat windshield in the past, it worked really well as far as scratch resistant. Comparing the bottom part that wasn’t hard coat to the top that was was the proof it worked as it should. My question, is super atv hard coat as good? Is there a hard coat that’s better?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a Honda brand hard coat windshield in the past, it worked really well as far as scratch resistant. Comparing the bottom part that wasn’t hard coat to the top that was was the proof it worked as it should. My question, is super atv hard coat as good? Is there a hard coat that’s better?
Wondering why they didn't hard coat the bottom part also? Seemed strange.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
We do the hard coating ourselves, so the coated windshields would be cut from a complete sheet of pre-coated material.

Pretty cool process. So cool...I'm not even allowed to take pics of it. The coating guys are in lab-coats and goggles doing it right outside my office. You know its good stuff when the guys are in lab coats!

C

coleman4868

We do the hard coating ourselves, so the coated windshields would be cut from a complete sheet of pre-coated material.

Pretty cool process. So cool...I'm not even allowed to take pics of it. The coating guys are in lab-coats and goggles doing it right outside my office. You know its good stuff when the guys are in lab coats!
I’m about ready to pull the trigger on a windshield and spare tire carrier. Thanks

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I will say it's tough!

P

Peterhope

Dec 5, 2021
Bc
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So everyone agrees that the hard coating is tough and wears well.
My question is can I trailer the flip up windshield installed on a 1000-5 on an open trailer at highway speed with the stock locking mechanism without fear of the wind catching and having it fly open. Or is there a way or need to tie it shut so this can’t happen?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve towed mine at 110kmh with no problems.

B034CD0F F243 46D1 9047 226C9D2BAEC5

advertisement
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So everyone agrees that the hard coating is tough and wears well.
My question is can I trailer the flip up windshield installed on a 1000-5 on an open trailer at highway speed with the stock locking mechanism without fear of the wind catching and having it fly open. Or is there a way or need to tie it shut so this can’t happen?
Trailer mine all the time and it stays shut no problem. I did make a center support that goes back to the seat that I put in place when towing. Don't know if it makes much difference but thought it would stop the windshield from bowing too much.

C

coleman4868

I received an email with a 10% off code, so I ordered the windshield. But I wasn’t able to use the military discount, so I didn’t order the spare tire carrier.

Reactions: ChadD
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I received an email with a 10% off code, so I ordered the windshield. But I wasn’t able to use the military discount, so I didn’t order the spare tire carrier.
Ahh...they may void each other out. You can definitely use the regular old forum member code along with the military code! But...the code you got in the email may void it all.

advertisement