Hand powered wiper

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has any one put a hand powered wiper through their plastic winsheilds? Found one on amazon by emp im contemplating buying

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to share the link but to internet illiterate

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its a emp 12841?

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Looks like it would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Works great! Blade is crappy though.
IMG 7696

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Works great! Blade is crappy though. View attachment 28906
Thats the emp wiper on yours? If theblade is crappy would changing it out to a better brand name one from the parts store help. After not being able to see inthe snow last weekend i gotta do something. Plus i havnt been able to ride it around town because its always sprinkling here in western washington

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think there has been a few guys run them and I'm sure they are alot better then an old towel. (That's what I use) I like CP's location, but I have seen some mounted on the bottom. If you end up doing this, let us know how it turns out.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think there has been a few guys run them and I'm sure they are alot better then an old towel. (That's what I use) I like CP's location, but I have seen some mounted on the bottom. If you end up doing this, let us know how it turns out.
Because they seemto be short or small i was thinking 2 might be needed. And mount it up high like cp did. I have r he factory split plastic if you think it might make a difference

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have any preference myself, I have just seen it both ways. That is the nice thing about accessorizing. There are many different ways to skin a cat, but it's all personalized when you're done. Enjoy.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thats the emp wiper on yours? If theblade is crappy would changing it out to a better brand name one from the parts store help. After not being able to see inthe snow last weekend i gotta do something. Plus i havnt been able to ride it around town because its always sprinkling here in western washington

Yes same wiper. It's pretty good and even allows you to put more pressure on the blade by running the shaft down aways. The blade feels cheap and and where it connects to the arm is cheesy but it works. The unit itself is pretty good especially for 30 bucks I figured. I put it up top partially to make it more indiscreet both inside and out but also because it's easier access to the handle and wipes the windshield better where your vision is and at speeds both being trailered and driving I think it'll sit better. I've ordered a second one for passenger but wanted to check it out before I did.

advertisement
N

Nurm

Nov 15, 2016
Yooper
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got one of those magnetic ones and it didn't work very well. When i ran mine in snow there was a lot of steam from the engine and I got more fogging and frost on the inside than the outside.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I got one of those magnetic ones and it didn't work very well. When i ran mine in snow there was a lot of steam from the engine and I got more fogging and frost on the inside than the outside.

We all get that lol. A squeegee with handle broken always sits in the glove box

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can deal with the steam on the inside a lot easier. I found just cracking the split windshield 3/8" gave just enough flow to keep the inside heat from the windsheild. And the fog was gone. Also had some old anti fog spray on it that i had pulled out from our ski gear

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CP is your windshield plastic or glass?
I should've mentioned that it's glass. And I wouldn't crank down pressure on the wiper blade on plastic as that would probably scratch the windshield

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I can deal with the steam on the inside a lot easier. I found just cracking the split windshield 3/8" gave just enough flow to keep the inside heat from the windsheild. And the fog was gone. Also had some old anti fog spray on it that i had pulled out from our ski gear

IMG 7700

I did buy this setup for a quick fix on the fogging up. It's a fairly small setup (5x8 I think) and I'm hoping it'll work well On front ROPS bar facing the windshield. The fans can swivel backwards so the control will be reachable. I'll bolt it up there with a Honda clamp next ride and check it out before I'd suggest it but should work. 18$ fix for now hopefully.actually got two, one will set on front area of center dumpbed facing backwards for rear people to help circulate the seat heat if you will and hopefully keep all windows from fogging up but maybe that's pushing it.

Last edited:
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didnt end up with frost on the in side. With thw soft doors on and some heat from the engine it was warm enough not to freeze on the inside. Granted my cold isnt quite like your guys, but it was 17 deg. But finished up the wiper tonight. Didnt get a pic yet. But ran it up high like cp. Every thing he said is true. Decent for the price. Blade quality is poor. But it has the standard bayonets so any one from the parts store will work