P1000m5 Great bed liner

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just got one of these delivered yesterday. I wanted something to keep gunk out of the mechanism for the flip up seats, but I didn't want the full plastic bed liner and by the pictures, it didn't look like the oem mat had a lip around it at all. This thing has great quality and is well made and has about a 2-3 inch lip on 3 sides. Form fit and molded exactly to the bed.

Just wanted to pass along a nice option for those looking for one.

HONDA FORMED RUBBER BED LINER MAT PIONEER 2016 SXS 1000 M5(5 seater) | eBay

J

JTW

Just as a comparison to what a screwing we're getting!! I think I bought one of these for my rubicon on sale for around $45..
IMG 2874

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I've been trying to think of something to use for a bed mat myself. I don't need the rolled up sides as I do not have rear seats. Just want something to throw in the bed to reduce the sliding around of items back there. I do think that it is a shame that the bed mats I've found for the 700-2 are over $100 and the one I got for my full size pick up was $60......
I'm looking for some sort of mat material to cut one from. Any tips or direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been trying to think of something to use for a bed mat myself. I don't need the rolled up sides as I do not have rear seats. Just want something to throw in the bed to reduce the sliding around of items back there. I do think that it is a shame that the bed mats I've found for the 700-2 are over $100 and the one I got for my full size pick up was $60......
I'm looking for some sort of mat material to cut one from. Any tips or direction?

If you're looking to cut one, get a truck one for cheaper and cut from that. Then you have leftovers for a buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jshell3 and Corona1
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been holding out, trying to find a cheaper option. May have suck it up and go with something like above.

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just wanted to make sure I got one that had a lip.... even just driving down the trails behind my house branches and dirt were falling down into the bed and I was constantly picking it out for fear of it getting into the seat mechanisms and this one looks like it's a lot better than the OEM Honda one because of the lips

Reactions: JTW and Ridem32
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I just wanted to make sure I got one that had a lip.... even just driving down the trails behind my house branches and dirt were falling down into the bed and I was constantly picking it out for fear of it getting into the seat mechanisms and this one looks like it's a lot better than the OEM Honda one because of the lips

Go to tractor supply and get a stall mat. Thick rubber and comes in a 48x48 for about $30. Just my thoughts.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just got one of these delivered yesterday. I wanted something to keep gunk out of the mechanism for the flip up seats, but I didn't want the full plastic bed liner and by the pictures, it didn't look like the oem mat had a lip around it at all. This thing has great quality and is well made and has about a 2-3 inch lip on 3 sides. Form fit and molded exactly to the bed.

Just wanted to pass along a nice option for those looking for one.

HONDA FORMED RUBBER BED LINER MAT PIONEER 2016 SXS 1000 M5(5 seater) | eBay
That is sweet - going to order one! All kinds of stuff falls between the cracks with the stock set-up...

Thanks for sharing!

advertisement
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
That is sweet - going to order one! All kinds of stuff falls between the cracks with the stock set-up...

Thanks for sharing!

I agree the one on eBay is by far the best with the molded lip. Even fits the tailgate. We spent $15 to $20k on a machine and spend big bucks on other items to me $118 shipped is a great deal

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll snap a pic in a few of what it looks like in the bed

Reactions: Corona1
J

JTW

I agree the one on eBay is by far the best with the molded lip. Even fits the tailgate. We spent $15 to $20k on a machine and spend big bucks on other items to me $118 shipped is a great deal

A jeep cost twice that and the accessories are still more reasonable... to each is own. I just think it's bulls*** how inflated some of these prices are when comparable products for different applications are a fraction of the price. The underseat storage is another fine example.. it's literally a plastic trash can.

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A jeep cost twice that and the accessories are still more reasonable... to each is own. I just think it's bulls*** how inflated some of these prices are when comparable products for different applications are a fraction of the price. The underseat storage is another fine example.. it's literally a plastic trash can.
I think part of the difference is with a Jeep there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of those on the road in a lot more potential buyers so therefore the cost goes down. With these there might be thousands of buyers with a still fairly new market and therefore the prices haven't came down yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corona1 and Ridem32
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Same reason two wheels for my Harley are over three grand and 4 Welds for my Truck were $1,200. Crazy....

Reactions: Corona1 and JTW
J

JTW

I think part of the difference is with a Jeep there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of those on the road in a lot more potential buyers so therefore the cost goes down period with these there might be thousands of buyers with a still fairly new market and therefore the prices haven't came down yet.

I agree.. and I'm not saying I wouldn't but one. Just that it's horse s*** what we have to pay for such things. These simple $5 production cost item, sold as hundred dollar items.. quickly add up and don't add any real value.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Corona1 and Ridem32
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Is that more of a molded plastic or pure hard rubber?

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that more of a molded plastic or pure hard rubber?

More of a molded plastic that's non skiddish

Reactions: Ridem32
advertisement