P1000 Grease Intervals on SATV/HL A arms

dommieboy

dommieboy

Jun 19, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just put on HL A arms. Just wondering how long or how many miles you all are adding grease to yours?

Reactions: Lady01
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn’t be afraid to grease them every ride, quick and easy to do and no seals to blow out.

J

JakeLemon

Feb 24, 2021
Boise
Ownership

1. 500
A story behind Honda’s first 100 mile, $380 service required to keep the warrantee effective, in this case on a 2021 Pio 1000-3. One dealer said the $380 included all supplies, another said there was an additional $120 for supplies. They both said the service took 3-4 hours.

I took my machine to the dealer who didn’t charge extra for supplies. Since I had 3-4 hours to kill, I scouted an area to go 4 wheeling. 1.5 hours later, I got a phone call, the service was completed! This was unsettling. Had shortcuts been taken?

Upon returning to the dealership, I asked to speak to the Manager. I didn’t think it was fair to charge that much for a job that took less than 1/2 the standard time, especially for a service that was required to keep the warrantee. However, instead of asking for a discount, I requested the Mechanic spend time with me, explaining tips and tricks for DIY future services.

That suggestion was fine with the Manager. The Mechanic was a good guy, was competent and quick. He gave me several tips that I will use. I asked if there were issues specific to my machine. There really were none, but that question led him into explaining things to watch out for, like torn joint boots.

I asked about his doing the service in such a short time. He said it was because it is such a new and clean machine. Also, nothing needed to be adjusted. My take-away; Honda covers the dealers ass. Some owners might have a new machine that they have been breaking in in the mud and be disrespectful enough to bring it in that way. Still, the vast majority of owners will be conscientious about the way they break in their new machine as well as not want to piss of the mechanic by bring in a mud-caked mess.

If you take a clean machine in on time, for it’s first service at $380, I think it would be worth your while to ask for some favor, especially if nothing needed to be adjusted. More than a servicing, it’s an inspection to see if the doors are swinging properly from the factory.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A story behind Honda’s first 100 mile, $380 service required to keep the warrantee effective, in this case on a 2021 Pio 1000-3. One dealer said the $380 included all supplies, another said there was an additional $120 for supplies. They both said the service took 3-4 hours.

I took my machine to the dealer who didn’t charge extra for supplies. Since I had 3-4 hours to kill, I scouted an area to go 4 wheeling. 1.5 hours later, I got a phone call, the service was completed! This was unsettling. Had shortcuts been taken?

Upon returning to the dealership, I asked to speak to the Manager. I didn’t think it was fair to charge that much for a job that took less than 1/2 the standard time, especially for a service that was required to keep the warrantee. However, instead of asking for a discount, I requested the Mechanic spend time with me, explaining tips and tricks for DIY future services.

That suggestion was fine with the Manager. The Mechanic was a good guy, was competent and quick. He gave me several tips that I will use. I asked if there were issues specific to my machine. There really were none, but that question led him into explaining things to watch out for, like torn joint boots.

I asked about his doing the service in such a short time. He said it was because it is such a new and clean machine. Also, nothing needed to be adjusted. My take-away; Honda covers the dealers ass. Some owners might have a new machine that they have been breaking in in the mud and be disrespectful enough to bring it in that way. Still, the vast majority of owners will be conscientious about the way they break in their new machine as well as not want to piss of the mechanic by bring in a mud-caked mess.

If you take a clean machine in on time, for it’s first service at $380, I think it would be worth your while to ask for some favor, especially if nothing needed to be adjusted. More than a servicing, it’s an inspection to see if the doors are swinging properly from the factory.
Yeah but what about greasing aftermarket a-arms?