P1000 Got most of the "have to's" done!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Between hunting and working, I finally have MOST of the important (to me) add on/mods completed. I will attempt to have pic align with descriptions, but I am not making any promises ...... lol.

Started out with the Armor Tech windshield, roof, and back. I was really pleased with the fit, and thankful there were not any real problems with installation.
20171213 154624 jpg

20171213 154611 jpg

Then came the Tough Country Bumper. I love this thing. Don't have to worry when running over saplings, that might bend front ends up normally. Additionally, I preferred mounting the winch on top of the bumper, rather than lower in the normal position of the frame, where it would receive more mud. I chose the Warn 4K winch, which mounted perfectly to the bumper. I took me quite a while to figure the wiring out, but finally did it.
20171217 132409 jpg

20171213 214102 jpg jpg

Next item was the switch panel after removing the Honda 'caution' sign from the dash. The wiring was a handful for me, but finally got it done, including the small indicator/location lights that come on with the key.

After that, I mounted the front LED light bar with flood and spot light and added the small red shackles to the bumper.

Then added 2 rear lights mounted to rear rollbar that is controlled from the rocker panel on dash. Also added small LED on rear rollbar that shines down into dump bed and another inside the cab that sits behind driver head and shines down at angel toward passenger seat. As a after thought, I found an interior LED cab light and added it in the center of the rollbar and plan on adding another switch to turn larger cab light off when not needed.

All wires were connected with terminal crimp and 'heat shrinked', placed inside flexible conduit and taped/zip tied to rollbar. For the rear lights, the wires were feed THRU the rollbar piping.

Added a couple of cheap mirrors in the cab. They help, but are not perfect, since they do not extend outside, to avoid being destroyed by trees.

Lastly, I put a 4" SeaFlo Bilge Fan under seat and a 4" interior heater vent, with 3 way switch, to allow fan to blow either direction. At this point the fan is held with zip ties, but later will make a more permanent setup and realign the flexible duct to the vent, making a more efficient air flow. Also added 1/4" of insulation under the seat, on top of the rubber sheeting, putting the reflective side down. Hopefully, this will take care of the extra heat in the summer, and add the desire heat to the cab, in the winter!

The only PLANNED thing left to do now, it to install the protectors for the A arms, front and rear and maybe snorkel as needed.

I will have to finish posting pics from the phone.

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Really coming together.

Reactions: BigOL3
advertisement
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks great! Almost went that same route with the Armor Tech and TC bumper.

Reactions: BigOL3
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the arm guards mounted finally. Kinda PITA due to one of the rear guards bolt holes being too big to secure the carriage bolt heads. Nearly impossible to get pliers in that tight space to hold the bolts! But it came out well. May have enough time to snorkel some of the vents before leaving for MO. Thursday morning. 77e021aa26cf7d534a6582442f6cf4a310f542e00dfc2a75a7c79ab75fc9883d

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk