P1000m5 Going to sell the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
And it's going to kill me... after a year of owning it and loving it, I'm realizing that I've got too much money tied up in a machine that I don't utilize for its intended purpose. My daughter doesn't want to ride and my wife won't go if she doesn't. And my buddies with SxS only went twice this year and the local places aren't big enough for a SxS. So I'm going to go much smaller and get a Honda Rubicon.

With that said, I've never sold anything this expensive online. Can anyone recommend good places to post it besides Craigslist? I will probably try ATV trader too but what else is out there?

And I'm assuming that trading it in will not be a fiscally responsible choice

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm sorry to here this but makes sense. Will definitely miss seeing that metal work and wonder what's next. Hopefully you'll build the quad some and still post.
Craig'slist is a crapshoot for more expensive things I agree but it is free. Local paper and auto trader as well. Just sucks to deal with all the phonies out there

Reactions: sharp
H

hacksawjoe

Nov 24, 2015
Mill Hall Pa.
And it's going to kill me... after a year of owning it and loving it, I'm realizing that I've got too much money tied up in a machine that I don't utilize for its intended purpose. My daughter doesn't want to ride and my wife won't go if she doesn't. And my buddies with SxS only went twice this year and the local places aren't big enough for a SxS. So I'm going to go much smaller and get a Honda Rubicon.

With that said, I've never sold anything this expensive online. Can anyone recommend good places to post it besides Craigslist? I will probably try ATV trader too but what else is out there?

web site covers U.S pennswoods.net they have a classified section for almost everything

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ask the local dealer if you can put it on consignment at their shop. Shouldn't charge much. Just tell them what you want. Once you do that it will open up your options because they will take trades on it and also finance it if someone wants to and all they do is give you a check no matter how they sell it.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might try advertising it on here as well. I would assume there is someone prowling around and knows someone that is looking. I don't know if there is a section for this but might be worth a shot. You might change your signature or tell us exactly what you have. We all have a pretty good ideas what all the "extras" cost and probably wouldn't rake you over the coals like the dealer would. Good Luck and enjoy the Rubicon.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@educ8tedguess
You listed good places to start with the sale.
Also think about posting here in the Buy / Sale / I-wanna
I will plug it on the facebook page to give it some exposure.

I totally understand your stance. Locally I too am forced to ride my old trusty fourtrax. I REALLY miss my Rincon, shouldn't never have sold it. lol.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Why don't you move to North West Arkansas with your wife would and entice your daughter to go for rides. Sounds like there's a miss que here

R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You do realize shortly after you sell it, things will occur and you'll be regretting you got rid of it.

What about local classifieds ads?

advertisement
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015

Brain fart here, but keep it and buy the Rubicon, that way you have no regrets :D

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
@educ8tedguess
You listed good places to start with the sale.
Also think about posting here in the Buy / Sale / I-wanna
I will plug it on the facebook page to give it some exposure.

I totally understand your stance. Locally I too am forced to ride my old trusty fourtrax. I REALLY miss my Rincon, shouldn't never have sold it. lol.
As soon as I get time to get pictures up in the Buy/Sale/I-wanna section, I will do it. I'm hoping it will be tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Why don't you move to North West Arkansas with your wife would and entice your daughter to go for rides. Sounds like there's a miss que here
If I could get out of Illinois, I would. Almost made it as I'm about 2 miles south of the Wisconsin border. I really don't live in the right area. I'm into atv's, hunting, mountain biking, skiing, and camping. Not many like minded people around here.

J

JTW

If I could get out of Illinois, I would. Almost made it as I'm about 2 miles south of the Wisconsin border. I really don't live in the right area. I'm into atv's, hunting, mountain biking, skiing, and camping. Not many like minded people around here.
Wellllllll, it just so happens I know an AWESOME real estate guy in Kentucky! Lol..

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
You do realize shortly after you sell it, things will occur and you'll be regretting you got rid of it.

What about local classifieds ads?
@rmk700 @KevinSC You might be right about regretting; but I'm 100% positive I will miss it. I have owned a handfull of machines and I really only loved two of them; my 2004 Honda Foreman S and my Pioneer 1000. And if I could keep the Pioneer and get a Rubicon, I would do that. I like the way you think and I have thought about the same. Unfortunately, in addition to the cost of two machines, I would probably have attorney fees and alimony to worry about as well. ;) Not really, my wife is pretty reasonable. Thanks for the recommendations and have a great evening.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Wellllllll, it just so happens I know an AWESOME real estate guy in Kentucky! Lol..
I do love Kentucky. A couple of friends and I try to make it down for the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot once a year. Aside from all that stuff blowing up, there is a lot of history to learn and vets to talk to. We also try to do some camping down there every year as well. Beautiful landscape and much more suited to my way of life. Plus, a lot of the people seem friendlier and less in a hurry.

J

JTW

I do love Kentucky. A couple of friends and I try to make it down for the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot once a year. Aside from all that stuff blowing up, there is a lot of history to learn and vets to talk to. We also try to do some camping down there every year as well. Beautiful landscape and much more suited to my way of life. Plus, a lot of the people seem friendlier and less in a hurry.
I'm not but about 45 miles from Knob Creek.. where do you camp? You should holler at me next time you come this way.. I'm on Rough River Lake. And yes, there's a lot to be said about southern hospitality! Some people just don't get it..

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm not but about 45 miles from Knob Creek.. where do you camp? You should holler at me next time you come this way.. I'm on Rough River Lake. And yes, there's a lot to be said about southern hospitality! Some people just don't get it..

We always camped at the knob creek grounds, then at a KOA near shepardsville? That's when I had a camper. For tent camping, we stayed near Corbin (?)Kentucky and then some small little camping place right at the Tennessee border; can't remember the name but will have to look it up.

Just looked it up: Indian Mountain State Park

J

JTW

My dad grew up in Sheapardsville.. most of the family is still around there. mom not far from that.. dad's Boy Scout troop used to camp there at the KOA all the time. My roommate at UK was from Corbin.. dated (and I use the term loosely!) many of her friends from there! Lol..
Small world!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement