P1000 Going to order the SATV Flip Out/Up windshield

A

AdamSG

Sep 23, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey everyone,

My 2023 P1000 Forest edition came with the two piece Honda windshield from the dealer. Dust is terrible with it down, and the flip out is annoying since it only opens partially. It blocks sightlines.

I've been riding this summer with the windshield off, but will need something for hunting season this winter.

The SATV Flip Up looks like the best of all worlds. I can completely flip it up during the summer, or just partially open it at the bottom to let a little air in. Or close it when it's cold.

Any tips for installation? Does the SATV windshield flip all the way up and to not interfere with sight lines? How is it with bumps, does it stay up?

I should also note that I have the Honda hard roof that came with it as well. Any interference with the windshield from the roof?

Thanks for the help!

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m 6’5” and wasn’t bothered by the flip up as far as sight goes. I wouldn’t worry about that at all. As for the dust…it’s not going to make much difference. You’re going to get dusty regardless.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@tmuggdesigns sells brackets to use your honda windshield. I woudl start a co vo with him before replacing it. If you want a superatv flip, start a conversation with @Hondasxs for club pricing.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I failed to mention I also have the soft mid panel. That eliminated practically all of my dust problems!
Are you sure?
I have a soft mid and it helped but most certainly hasnt eliminated all dust fo sho! Unless your driving on a paved or Chloride sprayed dirt road🤣
We need pics of before a good dry “trail” ride and after that trail ride or it didn't happen!

A

AdamSG

Sep 23, 2023
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are you sure?
I have a soft mid and it helped but most certainly hasnt eliminated all dust fo sho! Unless your driving on a paved or Chloride sprayed dirt road🤣
We need pics of before a good dry “trail” ride and after that trail ride or it didn't happen!
It's not 100% eliminated, but it a major improvement over not having one at all. The dust would swirl in the bed and come into the cab from there. This eliminated all of the back draft of dust. I would say about 80% of dust is eliminated over what I was having before the panel.

I also did the door seal mods that are from another thread around here. That helped some too.

tmuggdesigns

tmuggdesigns

Vendor
Dec 14, 2020
Okarche, OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone,

My 2023 P1000 Forest edition came with the two piece Honda windshield from the dealer. Dust is terrible with it down, and the flip out is annoying since it only opens partially. It blocks sightlines.

I've been riding this summer with the windshield off, but will need something for hunting season this winter.

The SATV Flip Up looks like the best of all worlds. I can completely flip it up during the summer, or just partially open it at the bottom to let a little air in. Or close it when it's cold.

Any tips for installation? Does the SATV windshield flip all the way up and to not interfere with sight lines? How is it with bumps, does it stay up?

I should also note that I have the Honda hard roof that came with it as well. Any interference with the windshield from the roof?

Thanks for the help!
I sell extension brackets that make the windshield much more solid and gets it open all the way. If interested shoot me a message.

IMG 3680

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 2 SuperATV flip ups.

4 years 2500 miles on the Pioneer.
1 month 100 miles on the Teryx.

I appreciate both and have not had any issues with them.

I have never owned a fold down.

I imagine the flip up is superior when it comes to functionality.

The window is easy up, easy down, vents on hot days when you want it closed, does not flop around in any position.

Overall just a good well tested investment.

I really struggled with the decision on the Teryx when it came time to purchase the windshield for it. Kemimoto has a flip up for the Teryx at almost half the SuperATV. After the reality of 4 years and 2500 miles on the Pioneer settled in I could not chance it with a cheap product. One kemimoto replacement and I could have just had the SuperATV.
So is the flip up better or the fold down version better?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
SaTV flip ups on both my Pioneers I have owned. Fold down on my Talon R4, the split in the flipup was right in my line of site.(6'4")

tmuggdesigns

tmuggdesigns

Vendor
Dec 14, 2020
Okarche, OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SaTV flip ups on both my Pioneers I have owned. Fold down on my Talon R4, the split in the flipup was right in my line of site.(6'4")
Do you have pictures of your windshield? I thought superatvs flipped up fully out of the way. Honda factories only go up like 6”. I make extensions for those to get them fully open.

IMG 3680

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Do you have pictures of your windshield? I thought superatvs flipped up fully out of the way. Honda factories only go up like 6”. I make extensions for those to get them fully open.

View attachment 439405
Sorry, on the SATV Talon windsheild.
On the Pioneer it is fine.
Actually I have a SATV flip up still in the box ,recieved it the day before I left for NC. It will most like get installed this week.

Reactions: tmuggdesigns