P1000m5 Glass windshields QUESTIONS

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had questions about the oem Honda glass windshield.

-what is the frame made of? Looks like metal but pictures I’ve seen are to grainy to see clearly.
-how hard is it to replace the glass? It looks like at the top middle of the glass windshield it dips down. Is this true
-should I go with Honda brand or Tusk glass windshield
-what are all of you putting on your machines? I want glass not the plastic stuff

Want to stick with Honda but if it is too much of hassle to change out the glass then I would lean to the tusk since it’s straight forward to get replacement glass replaced

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’s steel a surrounding.
Super easy to swap out. I cut my roll cage down along with the windshield frame so I had 5” chopped tinted safety glass from a local glass shop made. Rolled it and replaced again.
Little over 100$ to have replaced but it’s very tough in the rubber seal, takes a lot of abuse that’s for sure. I like the Honda unit as it seals tight and easy to pull out.
Dealerships get these in broken because of poor packaging so a really good deal can be had, in fact I’d suggest doing that. I called around for one broken and that’s how I purchased mine. Saved 250$ after the new new tinted glass!

Last edited:
Reactions: danmac and Dubfab
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had questions about the oem Honda glass windshield.

-what is the frame made of? Looks like metal but pictures I’ve seen are to grainy to see clearly.
-how hard is it to replace the glass? It looks like at the top middle of the glass windshield it dips down. Is this true
-should I go with Honda brand or Tusk glass windshield
-what are all of you putting on your machines? I want glass not the plastic stuff

Want to stick with Honda but if it is too much of hassle to change out the glass then I would lean to the tusk since it’s straight forward to get replacement glass replaced

Glass and steel, looks easy , up to you, glass winter, bug buster summer

View attachment 107175