P1000 full doors vs on P1K-5

T

Tux

Apr 27, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,
New to the forum. First post. hope I don't screw it up! I learned a lot already from very knowledgeable people here. I'm considering purchase of P1000-5 for use year round in PA. I need heat and full enclosure for winter use but like open air for summer. I like to stay with factory accessories when possible. Does anyone here have honda full doors and how do you like them? Are they hard to remove and replace with the stock half doors? Also anyone have the soft enclosure that attaches to the stock half doors and how do you like them? Which is best option for comfort when hauling several young grandchildren?
Thanks for your help.
Tux
p.s. replacing Polaris Ranger 900 with heat and factory cab. Unit did not grow with family!

K

KERN

Jan 16, 2019
Bakersfield California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All,
Does anyone here have honda full doors and how do you like them? Are they hard to remove and replace with the stock half doors?

Purchased the factory full doors, glass front window, and hard divider.
PROS: Made well, very sturdy, glass window with hand crank, easy to take off and put on
CONS: cannot use with stock doors (the hinges are different), extreme temperature changes cause the Honda P1000-5 roll cage to contract and expand, and causes issues with the door closing and latching.
We leave the door on for the winter/snow/rain and remove them for the hot summer. We purchased the hard divider between the cab and the back and it is really is not made to be easily removed. We also purchased the enclosed canvas cover for the back, but leave it off. If the front window and divider is removed, the dust is not an issue (the wind blows it right through). However, with the front windshield and divider, it creates a vacuum and I would not want to ride in the back.

If you are planning on hauling grandkids, I would recommend not installing the center divider

Honda Doors

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello and welcome to the forum from the Great Lakes State.I have the Honda soft doors and soft mid panel. I have the old version of the soft doors and there a pain to seal. The new updated version is 10 times better. The soft mid panel works great and I leave it on year round to stop dust or to let in fresh air. The doors are easy peasy to remove and your using your stock doors. The Honda heater is less to be desired. Friends that have it say they get Luke warm heat at best. I went a different route and got a heater from summit, ran my own ducts and she throws the heat. If you search the forum you’ll find the complete build. Good luck and any questions just ask.

K

KERN

Jan 16, 2019
Bakersfield California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the glass front windshield, full hard doors, mid-panel, and roof, we are toasty warm in the snow (takes about 2 miles for everything to heat up). I would recommend trying without the heater and it can always been installed later if you need it. My Dealer quoted $750 for the Honda Heater.

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started with factory doors, Honda heater, roof, full glass windshield, soft rear sides and rear panel. Still too cold for Northern Minnesota. Next I added the fabric mid panel. This helped a lot. There are still a lot of gaps in the cab that steal heat. In comparison, my neighbor has a Polaris 900 ranger with a hard cab. His heater is better.

T

Tux

Apr 27, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks to all for your experienced replies. I'd hate to put the money into a factory heater if it doesn't really work. My dealer wants $779 for the heater and $450 to install. He claims you have to rip the unit apart to do a nice install. I don't have a lot of time or experience with that. My Ranger heater can roast you out. We usually only run it intermittently on low to keep the chill off. I'm sure it will take a lot more heat on the P1K-5 to keep the back comfortable. I'll have to look into the Summit heater............Remington, Was it a nightmare to install? Are you able to throw some heat toward the back seats or are you roasting in the front to keep the back comfortable? Sure appreciate your experience.
Tux

T

Tux

Apr 27, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks to all for your experienced replies. I'd hate to put the money into a factory heater if it doesn't really work. My dealer wants $779 for the heater and $450 to install. He claims you have to rip the unit apart to do a nice install. I don't have a lot of time or experience with that. My Ranger heater can roast you out. We usually only run it intermittently on low to keep the chill off. I'm sure it will take a lot more heat on the P1K-5 to keep the back comfortable. I'll have to look into the Summit heater............Remington, Was it a nightmare to install? Are you able to throw some heat toward the back seats or are you roasting in the front to keep the back comfortable? Sure appreciate your experience.
Tux
Remington,
Just read through your heater install. Great detail. Probably works much better than Honda Factory. thanks for all the work posting. I will consider that.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I would suggest spending a little more for an aftermarket enclosure. I bought a used 2016 with factory windshield, hardtop, and mid panel. Windshield is decent, but fixed. No opening to allow airflow on hot days. Both top and mid are flimsy, especially the hard mid/rear panel. I hope to eventually replace them all with aftermarket.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Remington,
Just read through your heater install. Great detail. Probably works much better than Honda Factory. thanks for all the work posting. I will consider that.

The Honda will roast you out without a heater....

advertisement