P700 Frozen seat

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
It's getting colder here in NH, and my seat is frozen.... literally. It appears that the cushion has separated from the plastic tub and the foam inside absorbed some water. Add below freezing temps and you can imagine what my seat feels like. It's not only like sitting on a block of ice, it's hard as a rock. Lol One had to love Amazon, with a couple clicks I purchased another seat bottom and this time I'll cover it with a Honda camo seat cover to hopefully make this one last more than 3 years. The camo in the seat cover is not necessarily my first choice of colors but it should help with the hot seat in the summer from the sun shining on it

TNMike

TNMike

Jul 31, 2016
TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's getting colder here in NH, and my seat is frozen.... literally. It appears that the cushion has separated from the plastic tub and the foam inside absorbed some water. Add below freezing temps and you can imagine what my seat feels like. It's not only like sitting on a block of ice, it's hard as a rock. Lol One had to love Amazon, with a couple clicks I purchased another seat bottom and this time I'll cover it with a Honda camo seat cover to hopefully make this one last more than 3 years. The camo in the seat cover is not necessarily my first choice of colors but it should help with the hot seat in the summer from the sun shining on it
You'll really like the Honda seat cover. It repels water like a ducks back and will definitely keep your seat cooler in the summer sun. They fit like a glove too!

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Yeah I think @ohanacreek was had one at one time and he liked it. They seem as though they are good quality canvas so time will tell.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This is a problem I have as well, it is like sitting on a block of ice! Eventually, on mine, the heat from the engine slightly softens it, but I can see how purchasing a new one could be a good idea! Not sure how the water got into mine:oops:
9477D246 95F1 43CF BAC2 A5746686578F
Wonder if those seat covers could help meo_O

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
This is a problem I have as well, it is like sitting on a block of ice! Eventually, on mine, the heat from the engine slightly softens it, but I can see how purchasing a new one could be a good idea! Not sure how the water got into mine:oops:
View attachment 96978
Wonder if those seat covers could help meo_O
Yeah I have the same problem my seat has actually floated out a few times the foam doesn’t seem to ever dry

Reactions: Eltobgi
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Well I left my seat hanging in front of the pellet stove since i started this post up until a few days ago to dry it out. Then I bought some goop from depot called fuseit. After scuffing the plastic a bit and applying the fuseit it seems like a fairly good repair except the fact that the fuseit goop is white. It really didn't matter because It all got covered by the seat cover. Like @TNMike said the covers fits really good, I even put the cover for the seat back on right side up despite having the seat back installed upside down. So far I'm really liking the seat covers, we'll see how they hold up.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Cold butt? Get a foam seat cushion sold for hunting or stadium seating use and keep inside, when you go out to use the Pioneer, sit on that over frozen (or wet) seat, works great and it's inexpensive.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1583
Had them on since My first week. Love my seat covers.this guy goes everywhere with me is why I bought mine. I only wished they would have sold black ones.I have never taken them off and I clean with pressure washer.