P500 front wheel well protection?

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Just bought my new 500....So jacked to get it dirty. Never had one before. So looking at the front driver side wheel well. Master cylinder and break lines look to be a little exposed/unprotected. Not sure why Honda didn't cover this area by the rest of the wheel well. Has anyone had a damage problem to the master cylinder or break lines by branches.....rocks...? Thinking of covering area with heavy gauge rubber ...similar to a mud flap....Has anyone else done this?

Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club @Frisco,
Several members have made a guard for this area because of a similar concern. Yet, we haven't had one person report a issue, covered or not. I'm sure Honda did some research to show the location is fine.

Reactions: JACKAL
Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the club @Frisco,
Several members have made a guard for this area because of a similar concern. Yet, we haven't had one person report a issue, covered or not. I'm sure Honda did some research to show the location is fine.

hey Thanks! If I do make one I like. I'll add the picture.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
@Frisco welcome to the club and congrats on the P500. I have considered covering mine but haven't bother yet been through a lot of rocky terrain and wooded with many sticks. I haven't had any issues yet. One member @jak9922 flat out runs the wheels off his P500. He can chime in with his experiences but I don't believe he has had any issues either. Post up some pictures of your rides when you get the time.