P1000 Front seat cover

C

cgrandahl64

Nov 19, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my front seat started to take on water. The machine is parked inside, but gets washed and driven in the rain, never been swamped. The vinyl cover that is over the foam is detaching from the seat pan in a few spots. Out of warranty.

Drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom and drained it, worked the water out the foam by "squishing" it as much as I could etc. I also cleaned and applied a nice bead of 3m 5200 to the seam.

I want to take it to the next step and add a waterproof seat cover. Does anyone know if the Honda 0SP32-HL4-201 Camo Front Seat Cover is water proof? Or is there a water proof cover out there?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@CumminsPusher did a seat cover for his first P1 it worked well for him. He might have some insight for ya

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m sure Ruff Tuff has a fabric that is waterproof think maybe a neoprene one. They are custom made to the application and very high quality but expensive.
And absolutely no on factory being waterproof

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So my front seat started to take on water. The machine is parked inside, but gets washed and driven in the rain, never been swamped. The vinyl cover that is over the foam is detaching from the seat pan in a few spots. Out of warranty.

Drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom and drained it, worked the water out the foam by "squishing" it as much as I could etc. I also cleaned and applied a nice bead of 3m 5200 to the seam.

I want to take it to the next step and add a waterproof seat cover. Does anyone know if the Honda 0SP32-HL4-201 Camo Front Seat Cover is water proof? Or is there a water proof cover out there?
Honda Pioneer 1000 Front Seat Covers (Camo) P/N 0Sp32-Hl4-201 I have had no problems with mine. My Pioneer is a P1K3LE

bb22

bb22

May 29, 2016
OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am curious how the 3M 5200 sealant is holding up after a year? Any problems with it detaching like the OEM adhesive?

C

cgrandahl64

Nov 19, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 3m5200 has kicked ass. To be more specific on the solution i did....
I pulled loose the parts that were still attached (only a few inches) and cleaned the seam with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel until it was perfectly clean. I used a full 10 oz tube of 3m 5200 and let it cure for a week before using it. It has held up perfectly. I did one pass with the caulk tube tip about 1/2 inch into the seam and then a finish pass and wiped to a smooth finish with a damp paper towel. It hasn't been a submarine, but I do not have a roof and it got covered in snow and melted at least a dozen times while snow blowing and it never took no water. It has seen at least three soaking rainfalls this spring and its dry as can be. The sealant is still perfectly attached, no separation etc.