P500 Front flares

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Made up some front flares. Found some 3/16 rubber floor runner material at menards and made a pattern from cardboard to mock up first. Got some 5/16 push pins same as the ones on the rest of the plastics to fasten it with. Heres the results. All in, 3ft of rubber $12, pins $5. Pics are not loading, will try a second post for them...dang phone.

Reactions: JollyJoker
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Heres pics:D

20170815 221248 20170815 221304 20170809 223532

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Those look great, now you need to go test them out.
Thanks @Chooglin. You did extensions on your rears like the mudbusters ones correct. Those were released right after you did yours right? Unfortunately I won't be Trail testing them anytime soon but I think I might do my rears before I get back on the trail if I have time

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Thanks @Chooglin. You did extensions on your rears like the mudbusters ones correct. Those were released right after you did yours right? Unfortunately I won't be Trail testing them anytime soon but I think I might be years before I get back on the trail if I have time
Yes they were released shortly after I made mine but they did make improvements to them.

I know what you mean , never enough time to ride!

Reactions: trigger
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Thats what i thought. I was looking at them on their website, what did you use to reconnect the rack to the fender on yours? I like the clamp thing they have, but outside of that piece i think the rest would be pretty easy to replicate. I figure a spacer of some kind and then some type of pipe clamp or something to connect them. Just havent gone looking for parts yet.

C

Chooglin

I drilled a new hole in the fender , where the mounting bracket is on the rack. I then used a spacer (as you mentioned )with a longer bolt!

Reactions: Shadesmn
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Made up some front flares. Found some 3/16 rubber floor runner material at menards and made a pattern from cardboard to mock up first. Got some 5/16 push pins same as the ones on the rest of the plastics to fasten it with. Heres the results. All in, 3ft of rubber $12, pins $5. Pics are not loading, will try a second post for them...dang phone.
Shadesmn- do you have the sku# for that rubber? That is exactly what I am looking for. Did you find the push pins at Menards also? Thanks!

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Shadesmn- do you have the sku# for that rubber? That is exactly what I am looking for. Did you find the push pins at Menards also? Thanks!
As a matter of fact i do have a sku#. Figured i should keep it in case anyone wanted to do the same. I did try to look it up online by the sku and got no results though so you may need to just go to your local store with it. I found it near the carpet and flooring, floor runners to be exact. The push pins i got on amazon. 5/16"

20170809 212453

Reactions: JollyJoker
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
As a matter of fact i do have a sku#. Figured i should keep it in case anyone wanted to do the same. I did try to look it up online by the sku and got no results though so you may need to just go to your local store with it. I found it near the carpet and flooring, floor runners to be exact. The push pins i got on amazon. 5/16"

View attachment 52001
Thanks! That is exactly what I picked up at my Menards today. I will see if I can do as good of a job as you did.

advertisement
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks! That is exactly what I picked up at my Menards today. I will see if I can do as good of a job as you did.
Thanks for the compliment. For what its worth, i made a cardboard pattern first and trimmed it around in the upper wheel arch then transfered it and any marks i made for location to the rubber after i had it how i liked it. Did some final trimming after they were installed. Both sides were the same pattern wise, but one of the lower clips was in a different spot after fitting. Also would be a bit quicker/easier with an extra set of hands to keep things in place while mounting the first couple pins

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I drilled a new hole in the fender , where the mounting bracket is on the rack. I then used a spacer (as you mentioned )with a longer bolt!
Do the fenders seem too "loose" being farther out without support moving out too?