P1000 Front driveline drag

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So while mounting my new tires up today I spun the front wheels while it was jacked up and couldn't believe how hard it was to spin the tires with my hand. Anyone else seen this? I think it might be a big part of the reason I'm wearing out tires, as they are wearing on the back side of the lugs and it's not the alignment. Usually you can take a machine and the front wheels spin pretty freely, not this thing. I checked the same thing on my dads rig and found the same.

Reactions: Ridem32
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Was diff lock engaged

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

And wearing on the back side of the lugs is normal. That doesn't indicate anything other than aggressive terrain and acceleration.
The back of the lug is the first thing to touch the obstical

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So while mounting my new tires up today I spun the front wheels while it was jacked up and couldn't believe how hard it was to spin the tires with my hand. Anyone else seen this? I think it might be a big part of the reason I'm wearing out tires, as they are wearing on the back side of the lugs and it's not the alignment. Usually you can take a machine and the front wheels spin pretty freely, not this thing. I checked the same thing on my dads rig and found the same.

With the wheel off the ground, the CV joints be near their limit which will cause more friction. Next time, try to ratchet the suspension down prior to lifting or lift by the A-arms. With the CVs more horizontal, you may notice a difference.

Reactions: DRAGFOOT and JTW