P1000 Frame support/stiffener

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at the superatv frame stiffener gusset kit. I have a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. Do I need this and will it fit? The superatv website says it is for the 16 to 17 model year. I am wanting to put a snow plow on my rig and want to make sure my frame is good to go. Thank you!

Reactions: TxDoc
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at the superatv frame stiffener gusset kit. I have a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. Do I need this and will it fit? The superatv website says it is for the 16 to 17 model year. I am wanting to put a snow plow on my rig and want to make sure my frame is good to go. Thank you!

I run the Warn plow mount and it's a pretty beefy bash plate and offers a lot of protection for the leading edge of the bumper. I do not run the SuperATV frame kit because most failures have been upper a-arm mounts. I do have my upper a-arm mounts beefed up, gusseted and an improved bolt. For the lower a-arm mounts I added a gusset to the lower forward tab after bending a lower tab and a-arm.

IMG 20200514 203745

D

DDDonkey

I can’t say anything about fit with a plow, but I run it on my ‘17 and feel it has saved me more than once and that was before I installed my portals. I too may brackets for my upper a-arms to strengthen them, mine are bolt in though.

Reactions: TripleB
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t say anything about fit with a plow, but I run it on my ‘17 and feel it has saved me more than once and that was before I installed my portals. I too may brackets for my upper a-arms to strengthen them, mine are bolt in though.
We just bought a used plow today. It is 2 years old, only used once it's first year. Other than dust and surface rust it looks new. It was for a Polaris. It came with blade and mount so I plan to make my own mount for it. It was $200 complete so I figured it was a good deal. I figured if I got the stiffener in then I can just make my own mount and be fine. I see superatv shows it is for 16 to 17 so I am not sure if it will fit my 20. You say you make your own control arm stiffeners? I am interested in that.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run the Warn plow mount and it's a pretty beefy bash plate and offers a lot of protection for the leading edge of the bumper. I do not run the SuperATV frame kit because most failures have been upper a-arm mounts. I do have my upper a-arm mounts beefed up, gusseted and an improved bolt. For the lower a-arm mounts I added a gusset to the lower forward tab after bending a lower tab and a-arm.

View attachment 219358
Are you using the universal mount or model specific mount?

Reactions: nick253
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
D

DDDonkey

We just bought a used plow today. It is 2 years old, only used once it's first year. Other than dust and surface rust it looks new. It was for a Polaris. It came with blade and mount so I plan to make my own mount for it. It was $200 complete so I figured it was a good deal. I figured if I got the stiffener in then I can just make my own mount and be fine. I see superatv shows it is for 16 to 17 so I am not sure if it will fit my 20. You say you make your own control arm stiffeners? I am interested in that.
I made a YouTube video but basically I took 1/8” plate and made an L bracket with a gusset in it. I used the stock a-arm bolt and then two new grade 8 bolts that go to the bumper. The rear of the upper a-arm seems to be fine but others have welded washer to it beef it up, if you do that you will need a longer bolt. Since I have added my own brackets and SATV brace I have not had any problems, I also run 35”s and had a friend flip my machine on its side with no a-arm issues.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Rhino-F350

Rhino-F350

Jun 28, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
DDDonkey do you have any pics of your L brackets on your machine?
Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the difference in frame from a 16 to 20 because superatv shows the frame stiffener is for a 16

advertisement
H

HondaTech

I am not sure but maybe @HondaTech will chime in. You can see the front bolt of the SATV frame stiffener in the pic posted.

I think some other members have discovered that the front A-arm mount holes have had washers welded on to keep from ripping the holes out.

I really never paid much attention tbh.

The hitch plate was reinforced for 2017 models but that doesn't have anything to do with the front end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robobrainiac