P1000 Fox shocks

H

Honda_chris

Aug 25, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone, I upgraded my shocks to the fox qs3’s a while ago and this spring I need to have them recharged with nitrogen and I went for a ride yesterday and found they need to be recharged again. So with having to recharged them every 4 months and costing $125 to get them recharged Iam thinking about upgrading the resivior caps to the jc racing caps to help them not leak? Has anyone switched there end caps out on these? Or just going back to the stock shocks so I don’t have to deal with this. I wish I new about having to recharge the fox shocks before I bought them, I probably would have stayed with the stock ones.

Reactions: TimG
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well the fox are much better than stock and they definitely need new end caps so they don't leak. I know @GlockMeister @Ragnar406 myself and several others put new caps on.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I bought the caps from this place. I couldn't get them filled around here. I ended up buying the fill tool/gauges from them also. Bought a bottle of nitrogen from local gas company. Refill them yourself.

Reactions: TimG and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone, I upgraded my shocks to the fox qs3’s a while ago and this spring I need to have them recharged with nitrogen and I went for a ride yesterday and found they need to be recharged again. So with having to recharged them every 4 months and costing $125 to get them recharged Iam thinking about upgrading the resivior caps to the jc racing caps to help them not leak? Has anyone switched there end caps out on these? Or just going back to the stock shocks so I don’t have to deal with this. I wish I new about having to recharge the fox shocks before I bought them, I probably would have stayed with the stock ones.
Big X on the stock shocks!

H

Honda_chris

Aug 25, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well the fox are much better than stock and they definitely need new end caps so they don't leak. I know @GlockMeister @Ragnar406 myself and several others put new caps on.
What brand of caps did you guys go with?

H

Honda_chris

Aug 25, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I bought the caps from this place. I couldn't get them filled around here. I ended up buying the fill tool/gauges from them also. Bought a bottle of nitrogen from local gas company. Refill them yourself.
With those caps how long do they hold pressure without needing to be recharged compared to the stock caps on the shocks?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the ones from Schmidty. Once I did it I never had to mess with it again.
This ... although over time you might have to add some but the issue is the needle valves they come with is like the valve on a basketball and overtime the rubber valve will deteriorate (weather and time) so they leak a little here and a little there. the shrader valves are mechanical

@TerryH did a great video on how to install and why it happens