P1000 First Ten accessories / modification

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I know, just ten:) I bought my PK-3D unexpectedly a few weeks ago. I immediately ordered the flip up windshield, OEM roof, rear-view mirror, and Ruff-Tuff seat covers (2 go everywhere bird dogs). I intend to order a complete snowplow package (winch, winch mount, push bars, and blade) which should count as 1. What would be your first ten purchases? Suggestions on snowplow packages would be helpful especially if you can advise what is special about the Honda dealer's "OEM" package?

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve

IMG 0915

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
1/2" skid of your choice, the stocker is no more than a dust cover. Start a Word Doc and take notes, you'll remember reading it but won't have any idea where.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Denali Plow and viper winch from the club store. That combo works awesome.

Dual Battery + Extra fuse panel
Extend vent lines
1/2” skid plate
MudBusters
Tune + OverHeat Kit
Windshield
OEM roof
If you have a 1000-3 a hard mid panel.
Forward A-Arms

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
... Start a Word Doc and take notes, you'll remember reading it but won't have any idea where.

Boy oh boy, statement of the day. I won't see my 2021 unit for a couple months yet, have read a bunch in just the month or so I've been on here and wish I had done what you said here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My pick of 10 would be:

Roof
Windshield
Soft upper doors
Rear panel
Winch
Arched control arms
Mirrors/side and rear view
Stereo of some sort for tunes
Bucket of recovery items/tools
Snow plow

The first 6 should come on the machines for what they charge.

This is a list of in my opinion requirements to always ensure that you have a good fun safe time. I would recommend helmets as well but some say seat belts and roll cages are enough.

The bucket of recovery tools I think deserves its own single item slot. What people choose to carry is different for everyone. It just depends on where you ride and how you ride. For some people they need just a few straps or maybe a shovel and they are set. Others need spare parts, 3 days worth of food, some flares, and a port a potty. It just really depends on where and how you drive.

As for me, I have the OE roof and I like it. I have the SuperATV flip up windshield and if I could do it over again I would have invested in a flip up glass windshield instead. I have the OE soft upper doors. I think I Iike them but I haven't even installed them yet. I have a OE soft back panel and I like it. It cuts down on dust. I have a champion 3500lb winch with synthetic rope. I purchased it when I was in a bind, I needed it immediately so I could install it for a trip the wife and I were taking. I used it once for recovery and it worked. I used it a few times for snow plowing and it worked. I do not feel as comfortable as I would if I had the opportunity for a better weight rating and better brand but for now it works. I love my highlifter arched arms. I went cheap on my mirrors and so far I don't regret them. I just really appreciate the ability to quickly and easily see my surroundings. My tune bar is 2 Aomais Go speakers. I really like them alot. I do plan on a full sound system at some point when money is available. My recovery items include straps, shovel, farm jack, flat repair plugs, 12v air compressor, and a craftsman tool set with odds and ends like tape, wire cutters/connectors. No spare parts yet :p lastly is my snow plow. 72" Denali from the club store. I have never used anything else but I can say I love it.

Now my personal list extends way past this. But if I have to pick just ten then this is my list.

Last edited:
kaspar139

kaspar139

May 10, 2021
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Gabbas, I am new to this, can you explain “Extend Vent Lines”? What is that and what does it do? I guess, what are the vents from (might tell me quickly what it does haha). Thanks!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Gabbas, I am new to this, can you explain “Extend Vent Lines”? What is that and what does it do? I guess, what are the vents from (might tell me quickly what it does haha). Thanks!