P1000 First ride problems

J

Just4fun

Jul 27, 2016
Gulf coast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well first ride on new 1000 gift 6 miles and started shutting down. Back to dealer and seems a throttle position sensor was bad. Took back out same day got to 19 miles and it started popping back on accelerate ion and would nott shift properly. Well back at dealer again and I'm waiting on diagnosis when they reopen on Tuesday.
Anyone else have any problems?
Not that dependable feeling I have had with all my other Honda products.

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well first ride on new 1000 gift 6 miles and started shutting down. Back to dealer and seems a throttle position sensor was bad. Took back out same day got to 19 miles and it started popping back on accelerate ion and would nott shift properly. Well back at dealer again and I'm waiting on diagnosis when they reopen on Tuesday.
Anyone else have any problems?
Not that dependable feeling I have had with all my other Honda products.
Clarify "popping back on acceleration."

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Clarify "popping back on acceleration."

I think he meant to type "popping bad on acceleration".

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Maybe the throttle position sensor was not correctly installed/adjusted properly and it is running much leaner than the machine thinks it is?

Shifting problem could be related to the RPMs not being where they should be or it could be something entirely different.

Maybe he has a dealer like I do....

J

Just4fun

Jul 27, 2016
Gulf coast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes popping through air intake like backfiring. No engine or FI light on but I think shifting problems is related. Seems to be a fuel delivery problem. They will be back at work tomorrow to diagnose problem. Dealer has been excellent and dropped all they were doing Saturday to fix problem first which showed to be throttle position sensor. They graphed it and the voltage was all over the chart. Replaced it and drove good till got to 19 miles and started the second problem. Sure acted different on 2nd problem. Just want them to get it right which I know they will.

Reactions: sharp
J

Just4fun

Jul 27, 2016
Gulf coast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well it sounds like a problem in wiring harness, they replaced computer and same problem so after talking with Honda they feel safer replacing the whole wiring harness.
We will see what happens. I did take the opportunity to get a good deal on them installing my highlifter kit and wetsound Bluetooth bar while they got it. Made me a heck of a deal on that.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Well it sounds like a problem in wiring harness, they replaced computer and same problem so after talking with Honda they feel safer replacing the whole wiring harness.
We will see what happens. I did take the opportunity to get a good deal on them installing my highlifter kit and wetsound Bluetooth bar while they got it. Made me a heck of a deal on that.
I would hope it was free for the Wet Sounds bar as it is just one wire and clamps.

J

Just4fun

Jul 27, 2016
Gulf coast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well it appears it was wiring harness causing the problem they are test driving again in morning one last time but it hasn't acted up since they replaced harness. Guess it may have been damaged on assembly or just had a bad spot.
I know I want that dependable feelings Honda gives you when owning one. I have owned a butt load of Honda products and never ever had a problem.
Will get some picks when I pick it up tomorrow.