P1000 First real test

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've only had the chance to put a little over 100 miles on my P1000-5 until this weekend. We put about 300 miles on it. A lot of climbing up to the top of mountains up north of Council, Idaho. The heat ranged from mid 40's in the mornings to almost 90 on a few of the days. The heat from the seat was welcome in the mornings, and the insulation and bilge fan worked wonders in the heat. There was still heat that came up in the rear seat area if the windshield was not open, but I run with it open 90% of the time in the heat anyway. Gotta say I came to love the machine. Being able to manual shift in the mountains is a lot of fun.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
AWESOME!!!!

Sure is beautiful country.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Beautiful country, love to go there sometime. What are some of the DOT, state, forrest requirements in that area. Like would an out of state person be required to purchase permits etc?

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of windshield is that? Do you like it?

Yep, it is the SuperATV one. I had the same one on my Teryx4 and it is the only way to go in my opinion. Good quality, stays clear and holds up to scratches really well. Plus it has an option to vent a little, be open, or be closed.

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Beautiful country, love to go there sometime. What are some of the DOT, state, forrest requirements in that area. Like would an out of state person be required to purchase permits etc?

No permits required for anyone. There are a few trails that are closed to motor vehicles, but not many. You can go for days and days on trails and never cross the same one twice. Nice variety too, and lots of wildlife. One of my favorite areas

Reactions: elkguide
advertisement