Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I have been having intermittent stalling issues for a few months now. Never seemed to happen at the house and always happened from a dead stop. While it would always restart, as soon as I gave it a little gas it would die. Usually 3-5 times before I could get it moving again.

Buggy has ~600 miles on it, fluids are all good, 2nd battery with isolator and an 80a Cole Hearse relay. Also have a tune from Florida Cracker Performance.

I checked air filter, plugs and fresh fuel but the issue persisted. I don’t recall if it started before or after the Tune was installed so I reached out to FCP to see if they have had similar issues. They said their experience was that any issues was buggy related but sent me an updated tune to try.

I updated the tune and spent an hour is so trying to duplicate the issue around the neighborhood and could not. A few weeks later FCP followed up to see if I figured it out and I said I would update them after takeover.

Fast forward to Takeover and I had zero issues until the last day, and then it was one stall and fired back up without issue. I was a bit disappointed but it was better than before. Brought it home, cleaned it up and started fixing minor items ahead of the next trip.

And then IT happened. I turned the key to on, everything came to life and then went dark. My butthole puckered a little bit as I wondered which one of my electrical “upgrades” killed the thing. With the key still on I popped the hood and started looking for loose connections when I heard the Cole hearse relay engage and everything powered back up. Tugged the wires a little more and it went dead again.

Digging a little deeper I found the bolt holding the positive wire on the main battery loose and corroded. Replaced with a new stainless bolt and hopefully that is the end of my stalling issues. Find out next weekend!

IMG 8023

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Had a Buddy with the same thing happen.
He looked at everything, was dam near tearing the rig down and calling me asking what next? . I told him to work smarter not harder! Check off the easy stuff then dig. He didnt lol, 2 weeks later of chasing and BINGO! Was common problem easy fix🤦🏻‍♂️🤣
It happens to the best of us sometimes.
Glad you found it.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long ago, from 63 to 70, I was a Navy Electronics Technician. There was a rule for troubleshooting, "Always Check The Easy Stuff First". That saved lots of time in the long run. Of course we had options you may not have, like giving the recalcitrant equipment the "Flotation Test".