Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2016 Pioneer 1000
I want to install a toggle switch so I can turn the fan on when I want.

Does anyone know which is the trigger wire from the PCM to the fan control unit?
There are 2 possibilities from what I can tell.
  • One is marked FanC terminal A22 at PCM.
and marked relay terminal A1 at the control unit.
  • The other is Fan-Return terminal A33 at PCM and marked Lock on the fan control unit terminal A4.
  • Also would like to know if the PCM sends a positive or negative signal and the voltage sent to the Control unit.
  • I suspect that it may be terminal A22 FanC terminal If C stands for control.
  • The A33 fan return may be a feedback line.
  • I could open up wiring and do a functioning test to try and figure it out but thought there would be someone on here that could save me a lot of time. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you look in the club store above you can find a pre made switch that might take the headache out of the wiring. I bought one but never got around to installing it after I had my computer reflashed on my '18. Might be worth checking out.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you look in the club store above you can find a pre made switch that might take the headache out of the wiring. I bought one but never got around to installing it after I had my computer reflashed on my '18. Might be worth checking out.
Yes thank you. I am aware of this nice-looking product. I want to try and do it this way because it could be a simple add-on. (1 rocker switch and a couple feet of wire) It wouldn't completely bypass the original system ( which is a good idea) but it would use the original system and be able to manually turn the fan on.