P1000 Factory bumper winch fairlead bolt pattern ?

Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey anyone know what the factory bumper winch fairlead bolt pattern / spacing is I bought a Badlands 5000 and the roller fairlead that came with it has different spacing

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The two "common" winch fairlead hole spacings are 6"- normal for a side by side, and 10" - normal for a larger winch/vehicle. If it'll fit, there's a decided advantage in the wider spacing, as that accommodates a wide spool winch. The wider spool means more wraps of a smaller diameter for better pulling power - (winch power is rated at on just one layer of line on the spool).

I have a sneaking suspicion, that you may not be able to mount a wider spool winch "tucked-in" as is commonly done on a P1K. The Warn 4.5K, that came on my SE, is a 6".

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought one too. It was on sale, I couldn’t justify NOT getting it.
The Badlands 5000 fairlead has a 6.5” bolt pattern. As others have said, 6” is one of the “standard” spacings.
What you really want to do is peel the wire rope off and replace it with a synthetic rope. Then use a 6” hawse in place of the roller fairlead. I looked at the supplied mounting plate, it should be possible to oblong the fairlead mount holes to make a 6” hawse fit. Harbor Fright sells a 6” hawse for small money.
That’s what I plan to do.

B

Buckeye1000

Nov 3, 2021
NW Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A roller fairlead works just fine with synthetic line as long as it’s brand new & never been used with steel cable. I’ve been running a roller fairlead on my ATV with synthetic line for YEARS. No issues. Probably should replace the line one of these days, I know it’s at least 12 years old, maybe more.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A roller fairlead works just fine with synthetic line as long as it’s brand new & never been used with steel cable. I’ve been running a roller fairlead on my ATV with synthetic line for YEARS. No issues. Probably should replace the line one of these days, I know it’s at least 12 years old, maybe more.
Thats quite impressive for sure! Im assuming you must have not had to use it in a situation when u cant be next to the feed/rollers to guide the rope when it gets bound in the roller end/gaps and chews or jams the rope? If you have and it didnt, you are the luckiest man in earth 😂

BTW, weve seen no pics of your machine yet Or know what rig u have? only the ATV u just spoke of!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! 🥳