Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Need options not sure where to look or what to stay away from certain brands
I was going to attempt to look into making something myself need help
IMG 8667 IMG 9261
I wasn't happy with what was available especially for the money so I decided to build my own hard cab last year. With the angles on the Pioneer it is difficult for build either way. If you can weld aluminum or have access to something that can that's how I'd go about starting a frame for fabric

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 54990 View attachment 54991
I wasn't happy with what was available especially for the money so I decided to build my own hard cab last year. With the angles on the Pioneer it is difficult for build either way. If you can weld aluminum or have access to something that can that's how I'd go about starting a frame for fabric
Post up your pictures I'm curious

Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I see them now looks good but time consuming lol good job
I do think either way will be a little time consuming but depending on what you're looking for may be worth it. I don't remember someone building a complete soft enclosure.
Good luck if you decide to do something please post if so:)

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do think either way will be a little time consuming but depending on what you're looking for may be worth it. I don't remember someone building a complete soft enclosure.
Good luck if you decide to do something please post if so:)
Could you get pictures of how you made up to door sections
I'm not sure how I could attach anything to the doors yet to give or keep it rigid

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 54990 View attachment 54991
:eek:I forgot how sexy PuddleJumper is:D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
To get strength in the door I built a backup panel inside with j-nuts. Back mount was easy used one plastic rivet and a longer bolt from the outside plastic all the way through the panel
IMG 0703 IMG 0704 IMG 0705 IMG 0706 IMG 0707

Reactions: pct
advertisement
Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
First went foam but proved tough. Second shot was a vary dense plywood w/fiberglass overlay and that was good very rigid. For rear of the vehicle used pvc board which needed a little reinforcement but was awesome. Pretty sure I documented the good and fails to a degree, the expanded pvc board is cool stuff it cuts and drills like plywood but is waterproof.
It was tough as I wanted something that had a factory look,set in from the cage so it was protected in the trails and wouldn't snag yet had to be very light to keep stability through tilted angled areas. Resulted in easy take off and did hold up great. It doesn't effect the usability

Last edited:
Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First went foam but proved tough. Second shot was a vary dense plywood w/fiberglass overlay and that was good very rigid. For rear of the vehicle used pvc board which needed a little reinforcement but was awesome. Pretty sure I documented the good and fails to a degree, the expanded pvc board is cool stuff it cuts and drills like plywood but is waterproof.
It was tough as I wanted something that had a factory look,set in from the cage so it was protected in the trails and wouldn't snag yet had to be very light to keep stability through tilted angled areas. Resulted in easy take off and did hold up great. It doesn't effect the usability
Ok cool thx bud
Where do you find that pvc board at not sure where to find it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok cool thx bud
Where do you find that pvc board at not sure where to find it
Official name is expanded pvc. There's a plastic shop here in town im friends with and I had it special ordered.

Last edited:
Reactions: moparornocar