P500 Extending the vent hose lines, size question?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I watched Appalachian mountain Riders? YouTube video guy’s (Jay?) video on installing the snorkel and all the P5 vent lines but in his second video he posted sizes in text and said something entirely different and someone else had asked to clear it up on two different hoses but he never did and now I’m confused and I’m really just looking for the hose sizes for both inside and outside diameters, so I too can extend my vent lines above seat level. Thanks
I’m looking for the hose sizes for;
Front differential
Rear differential
Radiator fan vent
Fuel vent
I think that’s it?

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I think I did all mine with 1/8" and 1/4" i.d. clear vinyl tubing from the plumbing section at Lowes. You can also get the little double male ended barbs from there or an autoparts store for connecting the new hoses to the factory hoses and venting them up high. I did the front and rear diff, fuel tank, and radiator cooling fan. Some people do the radiator overflow tank but I didnt. Partsfish shows the front and rear diff hoses are 3.5mm i.d. Well 1/8" is 3.2mm so 1/8" should be a nice tight fit on the stock diff vent nipples if you just want to do away with the factory vent lines and run completely new. I couldnt see what size the fuel tank vent was, but Im pretty sure I used 1/4". All the lines are pretty easy to get to if you wanted to pull each one and take it up to the store for comparing stock sizes to something on the shelf. Just an idea. :)

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Y’all, it’s much appreciated!

Reactions: Bastardchild
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just extended mine using barbed fittings and a dab of silicone to ensure a seal, didn't run fully new. I've checked them a few times and they're holding well. I went with the black rubber fuel line stuff, just didn't want it degrading down the road.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would recommend using fuel line hose to vent. You can get it at o rileys in the same section as the barb fittings. The multi pack fittings will have reducers and "Y" fittings incase you want to vent two lines together. The gas tank has to be vented by its self though. Myself and others has put a chainsaw filter on the end of the vent line for extra protection aganist water. The filter will have a barb fitting that fits perfect in the vent line.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I would recommend using fuel line hose to vent. You can get it at o rileys in the same section as the barb fittings. The multi pack fittings will have reducers and "Y" fittings incase you want to vent two lines together. The gas tank has to be vented by its self though. Myself and others has put a chainsaw filter on the end of the vent line for extra protection aganist water. The filter will have a barb fitting that fits perfect in the vent line.

That's it, that's what I used. ;)