YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For the last year and 1700 miles it's ran great. Yesterday I fire it up, let it warm then head out. I hadn't gone 600 feet and shut it off to talk with a neighbor. When I hit the key again it was all it could do to idle. It sounded like it was starving for fuel or air. The engine light was on and after many attempts I got it to run without dieing, but just barely. I kept the throttle steady and it was pulsing between idle and roughly 2500 rpms. But put it in gear and it would die. Got it running again and was able to limp about 10 feet in low to get me out of the road. Waited about a minute and tried again and it ran perfect like always. Drove it the rest of the night and never had a problem restarting. Today I went to the shop to fire it up and it made a plunk noise like it backfired in the muffler and was stuttering pretty bad. I never touched the throttle and it smoothed out on it's own. Drove it all over tonight and restarted it at least 40 times trying to see if it would do it again, but it fired up with no problems. Any ideas?

Reactions: BWAF
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On second thought. It has popped in the muffler before when starting, but not all the time so I never worried about it. Also it has started and ran rough at idle for a second or two in the past, but not often and not like it did this time.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the last year and 1700 miles it's ran great. Yesterday I fire it up, let it warm then head out. I hadn't gone 600 feet and shut it off to talk with a neighbor. When I hit the key again it was all it could do to idle. It sounded like it was starving for fuel or air. The engine light was on and after many attempts I got it to run without dieing, but just barely. I kept the throttle steady and it was pulsing between idle and roughly 2500 rpms. But put it in gear and it would die. Got it running again and was able to limp about 10 feet in low to get me out of the road. Waited about a minute and tried again and it ran perfect like always. Drove it the rest of the night and never had a problem restarting. Today I went to the shop to fire it up and it made a plunk noise like it backfired in the muffler and was stuttering pretty bad. I never touched the throttle and it smoothed out on it's own. Drove it all over tonight and restarted it at least 40 times trying to see if it would do it again, but it fired up with no problems. Any ideas?
Mine did same thing at 64 miles . 1400 miles now.and it's been fine, still have no idea. Ride and drive

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Montecresto
H

harley

Jun 15, 2015
mine did the same thing but no lite.took to the dealer coulndt get it to do it found some loose wires fixed that and thought it was fixed. did it again the other day said it was a bad battery. did it again told them about it .we wil see only has 200 miles on it.2017

H

harley

Jun 15, 2015
mine did the same thing but no lite.took to the dealer coulndt get it to do it found some loose wires fixed that and thought it was fixed. did it again the other day said it was a bad battery. did it again told them about it .we wil see only has 200 miles on it.2017
It is a 2016 not a 17 they told me to keep a battery tender on it.