P700 Enclosures

Tommy I

Tommy I

Oct 26, 2021
NJ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anybody tried these doors just curious it’s getting cold out lol.

6F3068C7 5717 4F70 A4DC 4F0B8A07A361

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm also door shopping since UTV's are now street legal here in NC.
I have OEM hard top, OEM hard rear and flip out OEM hardcoat windshield.
Those three things pretty much lock me into OEM doors.

lovettpaul13

lovettpaul13

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the OEM soft sides/rear panel and for the cost you almost might as well go with the hard top/sides if you can find them…the soft panels were a little tricky but I got the hang of where to put the Velcro after a while because the kit I purchased didn’t come with English instructions just Chinese…it prolly wouldn’t be as drafty if I had the soft top to go with it? But I don’t mind the little bit of draft being a smoker.
The soft doors/sides do not come with any type of frame/piping at all which kinda sucks especially for cost…I'm thinking of fabricating something out of a few tube tent poles just to give the door a little support as long as it’s not ugly or jankie.
Edit: I couldn’t come up with a good enough idea on how to make my own frame since the top of the soft part of the door opens towards the rear and the bottom or just regular door opens towards the front. So I decided to go with the framed door kit, not 💯 if the framed soft doors will go with the soft top or soft / frameless top…

Last edited:
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 303943
Tommy I,

I had a bad fitting from a custom-sized off-brand company for doors, top and rear window and am unfortunately out almost 300 bucks. Now I am buying Honda OEM equipment after being reassured that the fitment is correct.

If those are the Honda OEM door enclosures that is a decent deal. I found a place with them in stock and they got them shipped out to me last week. They were delivered Monday but shipping was over $100. My local dealer, Planet Powersports is really going above and beyond. The dealer's parts guy held a top for me till I got the doors and is actually bringing it out to me tonight.

You can't beat their service! I am so impressed with the kindness of neighbors and everyone I come in contact with daily. I have only had one cross person to deal with in the two years I lived in Michigan.

Damn nice State and a great place to call home.

Tommy I

Tommy I

Oct 26, 2021
NJ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tommy I,

I had a bad fitting from a custom-sized off-brand company for doors, top and rear window and am unfortunately out almost 300 bucks. Now I am buying Honda OEM equipment after being reassured that the fitment is correct.

If those are the Honda OEM door enclosures that is a decent deal. I found a place with them in stock and they got them shipped out to me last week. They were delivered Monday but shipping was over $100. My local dealer, Planet Powersports is really going above and beyond. The dealer's parts guy held a top for me till I got the doors and is actually bringing it out to me tonight.

You can't beat their service! I am so impressed with the kindness of neighbors and everyone I come in contact with daily. I have only had one cross person to deal with in the two years I lived in Michigan.

Damn nice State and a great place to call home.
Thanks for the info enjoy your ride!

lovettpaul13

lovettpaul13

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 303943
Yes, it’s not so much the doors as it is the hard top with soft sides, course it could be my windshield also I have the flip up half windshield so it doesn’t go all the way to the top of the hard top. This combo soft sides / hard top / folding front windshield leaves about a 3” - 3.5” gap for the wind to roll right off of the windshield into the cab which is no bueno. I’m willing to bet if I get the full size single piece windshield that it won’t be so significant. Or even the soft top Honda Pioneer 700 4 Windshield Top | Side By Side Stuff roof/windshield combo most likely would make the cab less drafty. For now instead of dropping $100’s on either the new windshield or soft top with pvc windshield I used insulating polyethylene foam strips and leftover self adhesive Velcro 4” wide cut to length to seal the windshield top - solid hard top. I also installed a temporarily mounted heater I picked up on eBay for 30$ ebay 12v car heater - Google Search
it’s not gonna melt the plastics but since I cut down most of the drafts I can be comfortable in a hoodie while I’m plowing…I’ll admit it’s not perfectly lined up by any means and it’s a little ugly if your looking for it, but it cuts down on drafts so I can be wind free.
for the cost go with the framed doors or the hard doors cause I wouldn’t recommend the soft top doors/sides at all, expensive Velcro with some clear pvc…

2434D253 9B12 4D61 B769 921EAF8D5CD8
C57F987C F8B5 4E29 81AB 902C8A270D63
A889E56B 5279 4C76 89A3 C91588116837
DC1654AE F381 46C2 957A E5FF5435A18F

Last edited: