Dynamat on hard top

• Thread starter Pioneeringfamily
  • Start date
P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
This is my first hard top UTV, and I know the hard keep more sound in the cabin area but I was wandering if anyone has ever installed a Dynamat type sound deadener on the inside of a hard top to help reduce noise. I know something like this is installed on Kubota tractor fiberglass hard top a friend in mine owns and I guess it is for the same reasons. Anyway just hoping to hear the voice of experience before I buy something that may or may not work.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
i think it would work great it works good on my 4020 john deere that has a steel canopy

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Good idea. Please keep us posted if anyone tries it.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
After doing some research it appears that what may work best on under the roof is a sound absorbing material. 3M is one company that makes this. Since the sound is coming from beneath, we need a material that reduces sound reflection. For the areas between engine/drivetrain and the cab, what may work best is a sound barrier material like a thin layer of mass loaded vinyl. For muffler shield and panels prone to vibration, sound dampening strips may work well. As soon as I get of these long work days of a plant turnaround I may try some of these applications. Pioneer is one of the quietest but I'm always tinkering :)