P700 Dust in cab

hondapro

hondapro

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2015
Central Pa.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 700-4 with the Honda glass windshield and the Honda hard roof,I am getting alot of dust when riding dirt roads, I have the fabric rear panel that helped some.
I was wondering if I remove the rubber seat from the top of the windshield frame if it would leave enough air in to help with the dust?
I know the real fix is to buy a new windshield that can be opened,I am just trying to avoid spending another 500.00

Reactions: ByronM
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a rear panel they help but I won't run it in summer time. My 2 piece windshield seems to help a lot when it open. If it was was not for the wife liking it I would not run windshield this time of year.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I finally just removed my windshield.
Dust is a big problem and it is not just the Honda.

Reactions: Mudwing
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 700-4 with the Honda glass windshield and the Honda hard roof,I am getting alot of dust when riding dirt roads, I have the fabric rear panel that helped some.
I was wondering if I remove the rubber seat from the top of the windshield frame if it would leave enough air in to help with the dust?
I know the real fix is to buy a new windshield that can be opened,I am just trying to avoid spending another 500.00
just got get a peice of lexan for the warm riding times. make a half windsheild put a little lip in it with some 2x4s and clamps and either a torch or heat gun. i took my top 2 clamps off the full windsheild and used them to mount the half.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500

I had the same problem with dust in my p500 I was running a back panel, hard roof and tilt windshield, this summer I pulled the back panel off, Bimini soft top and 1/2 windshield installed and 75% less dust

Jacob715

Jacob715

Sep 16, 2019
MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just removed the lower of my 2 piece windshield and that helped a bunch. I also ordered some extenders to open the upper windshield more.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
A full windshield pushes the wind left and right.
It then circles around and comes in from the side and rear (just like you have seen rain in a big bubble behind a semi truck on the highway)
The rear panel stops some of it but you there are still in the middle of the turbulents swirling around like the spin cycle of a washing machine.

The best way to stop this is to remove the windshield altogether in warm weather.
A half windshield still allow some air to flow straight thru and a lot better than the full shield.

I guess it depends on where you live and how you use your sxs.
I best answer is a cheap fix, a $10 pair of sunglasses.
Then spend a little effort on some way to hang your windshield in the garage or shed when not in use.

All opinion of my limited experience and what I have read of others who have had success and failures. No wind tunnels or blue smoke was used in the making of this post.