P1000 dust cover for dash

ZeroG

ZeroG

Lifetime Member
Dec 11, 2017
SE Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my P1K5 last Dec. I heard of the dust problem but did not experience it till this month. I put a kicker KMC10 stereo in the dash and it works great, but the dust that settles on the face of the stereo and the dash in general is appalling.

I would love to solve the dust issue and will look into sealing the rear doors, but in the mean time I want to ride and not be concerned about the dust damaging my new stereo. Looking for ideas for a simple dust cover to cover the mid section of the dash where my stereo sits. Thx.

Reactions: BWAF
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I bought my P1K5 last Dec. I heard of the dust problem but did not experience it till this month. I put a kicker KMC10 stereo in the dash and it works great, but the dust that settles on the face of the stereo and the dash in general is appalling.

I would love to solve the dust issue and will look into sealing the rear doors, but in the mean time I want to ride and not be concerned about the dust damaging my new stereo. Looking for ideas for a simple dust cover to cover the mid section of the dash where my stereo sits. Thx.
If you have a regular stereo you might try a marine cover. Any where from 10$ up to 30 depending on how fancy you want.

Reactions: ZeroG
ZeroG

ZeroG

Lifetime Member
Dec 11, 2017
SE Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good thought. Unfrotunately, I did not get a standard shaped stereo. Had I realized the dust issue that could have changed my stereo choice, as it is I'm very happy with the stereo, just looking for a way to protect it much like a marine radio cover would. Actually looking for plastic packaging that I can velcro above the stereo, and just lift it up when I need to change something. Note, when I bought from crutchfield in Feb the Kicker was going for 399.

Here is a pic of my stereo vs a standard stereo cover from west marine.
MarineStereoCover
KickerKMC10