P1000 Duralast etx14L battery

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry. I searched and gave up. Has anyone used this battery for their secondary battery? I had a mighty max and it's done. In a pinch I grabbed a duralast at lunch to get today and realized it much smaller and less amps.
Just thoughts on it or should I return and get something online..
Thanks all.

Reactions: Biteme and Lady01
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry. I searched and gave up. Has anyone used this battery for their secondary battery? I had a mighty max and it's done. In a pinch I grabbed a duralast at lunch to get today and realized it much smaller and less amps.
Just thoughts on it or should I return and get something online..
Thanks all.
What do you use your second battery for? If it exists solely to help boost the system while using a winch then you most likely will be fine with the duralast specs. If you use it to help with lights, stereo, subwoofer, winch, and cooling fans then more power is always better/helpful.

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do you use your second battery for? If it exists solely to help boost the system while using a winch then you most likely will be fine with the duralast specs. If you use it to help with lights, stereo, subwoofer, winch, and cooling fans then more power is always better/helpful.
Winch is to primary, lights (front bumper, rear cubes, rocks,) , horn, charging ports to second.
No stereo. Use two flip 5 linked and hang them from roof gun mounts, haha.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Winch is to primary, lights (front bumper, rear cubes, rocks,) , horn, charging ports to second.
No stereo. Use two flip 5 linked and hang them from roof gun mounts, haha.
I think if you plan on no more power upgrades and if you do not use the power with engine off you will not notice any difference with the duralast versus mighty max.

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good point. Due to no stereo, rarely leave on without running. The issue was the 12 amps vs 26, thats my worry. But I needed the machine yesterday and I could not wait for an order So i grabbed this quickly. The nice thing is that it much lighter than the mighty max.. but way more $$... use for now, order a bigger Amp and swap them out and have a backup? Ha. More like a dust collector...

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Going by the specs, it’s an OK battery in a pinch. if you had a 26 Amp hour battery that failed, there is a very high risk you will destroy or cause early failure of this battery with your winch. You must have the engine running all the time if possible. If you try to rapid charge an AGM battery or over-draw it with the winch, they tend to have a short life. You can hurt a 26 Amp hour battery just as easily, it all depends on how hard and how long you run the winch. The main concern is whatever took out the previous battery, this one could have a much shorter life if you try to run it equally hard. I use my winch frequently for medium duty pulling, without a second battery and never had a problem, p500 with the 16 amp hour original battery.

Reactions: Lady01 and bullyx
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you deem the mighty maxx battery failed?
Did you have it load tested?
Check your wiring with a good voltmeter. Not the dash style, a physical multimeter.
I thought I had issues once with mine. It ended up the crap CCA (copper clad aluminum) main power wires were rotten. I replaced everything with 100% OFC (oxygen free copper) wires and my issues went away.

Reactions: Lady01
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you deem the mighty maxx battery failed?
Did you have it load tested?
Check your wiring with a good voltmeter. Not the dash style, a physical multimeter.
I thought I had issues once with mine. It ended up the crap CCA (copper clad aluminum) main power wires were rotten. I replaced everything with 100% OFC (oxygen free copper) wires and my issues went away.
Ok. The problem is that I had a post extender on the mighty max and due to me not thinking, I forced it onto battery. This caused the post to be thin and the bouncing around snapped it.. live and learn.. the mighty is fine, but just usable... I know... not smart

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. The problem is that I had a post extender on the mighty max and due to me not thinking, I forced it onto battery. This caused the post to be thin and the bouncing around snapped it.. live and learn.. the mighty is fine, but just usable... I know... not smart
Well it is good to know it was installer error and not fault of the battery.

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you ever want some big power you cna always put a full size battery under the seat.

Post #63

Reactions: Lady01 and bullyx