P1000 Dump bed handle?

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
anyone loaded up the bed and gone to dump it only to find out its heavy as hell? You can reach underneath and lift but it feels awkward. Any ideas re: putting a handle on the side of the bed down low to assist with lifting?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 2,461
Reactions: Lady01
P

posterboy

anyone loaded up the bed and gone to dump it only to find out its heavy as hell? You can reach underneath and lift but it feels awkward. Any ideas re: putting a handle on the side of the bed down low to assist with lifting?

This was the one complaint that I have on mine so far. The bump bed assist is horrible. Need a better shock or someone needs to come out with an electric or electric/hydraulic lift to replace.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If we put heavier struts under the beds, then everyone would complain that it's too hard to push the bed back down. Think about it, it's not that easy as it is.
I've learned to load heavy items in the back of the bed near or on the tail gate so it will dump easy.

Now, an electric lift assist would be pretty slick. I may look into that one day.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The idea of putting a handle on the side is a decent idea. I wouldn't permanently mount a handle though, I would attach a socket so an on-board handle could be inserted and used and then stowed away again.

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
Yeah, a stiffer assist shock would just make it harder to push down and like you said it's not easy as it sits now. I loaded my bark and dirt heavy towards the rear and it still is a pain. Oh well, not the end of the world.

A

Alex

Nov 27, 2015
in the process of building a hydraulic lift for the bed. Got the pump, researching the cylinder and where to hook to the bed. I don't think the bracket on the bottom of the bed is strong enough for a 1000 lbs.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
No problem for me. I load the bed so its nearly balanced. It opens just like its empty.