P1000 Dual Batterysetup

C

cattmann

Oct 26, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
I finished hooking up my dual battery setup a while back and it seems to be working but I really need someone to explain what is happening when the blue light comes on .I assume it is letting power from the charging system to the second battery. Is it charging both batteries when the blue light comes on? I also noticed that when I was trickle charging my main battery the blue light came on and when I was trickle charging my second battery the blue light came on also.Is this normal?

C

cattmann

Oct 26, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
All it does is sense when one of the batteries is getting charge and open the connection between the two. So both charge when the light is on.
ok so that is why the light was on when trickle charging my second battery.I must leave the charger on longer next time to see if everything shuts down when fully charged.Thanks for the infor

C

cattmann

Oct 26, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
The blue light is lit when the auxiliary battery is fully charged stopping pass through voltage. The top voltage on your meter is for your main battery and the bottom voltage is for your secondary/auxiliary battery, when wired correctly you will have two different readings on your meter indicating the voltage to both batteries.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
so it stops charging the second battery when the light is on I do have 2 voltage gauges.When I first start my sxs the blue light comes on in about 10 seconds and stays on so how am I to keep the second battery charged I am a bit confused here by the different explanations

Reactions: Lady01
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
so it stops charging the second battery when the light is on I do have 2 voltage gauges.When I first start my sxs the blue light comes on in about 10 seconds and stays on so how am I to keep the second battery charged I am a bit confused here by the different explanations
Like the guys said it’s connecting the two batts when light is on. Which means charging your auxiliary batt. You’ll get the blue light shortly after start up because it let your start batt get voltage back up before it charges your aux, it prioritizes your start battery first. Your system is working fine.

C

cattmann

Oct 26, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
Like the guys said it’s connecting the two batts when light is on. Which means charging your auxiliary batt. You’ll get the blue light shortly after start up because it let your start batt get voltage back up before it charges your aux, it prioritizes your start battery first. Your system is working fine.
great I was hoping that it was that way.I actually went out to the shop and turned the ignition on so I could read both voltage guage and then used the winch .It did pull the voltage down in the aux battery so I can imagine under a heavy pull that it will pull the voltage down alot more.Thanks for the clarification