P1000m5 Dual battery

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. I know there are lots of posts about dual batteries but I figured whats one more? What are your thoughts on what type of battery to add? Deep cycle?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok. I know there are lots of posts about dual batteries but I figured whats one more? What are your thoughts on what type of battery to add? Deep cycle?
Add a Yellow Top Optima and never look back!

Last edited:
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man Im glad to be up and running again. I figured it was something minor just had to find time to checl it out. All it cost me was the 50 for a cheap x-rated battery to verify that wasnt the problem. May hook it up in the dual spot till the wallet heals up. Overhead gun rack, heat shielding from bayou and a switch plate from mystic in the works.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Man Im glad to be up and running again. I figured it was something minor just had to find time to checl it out. All it cost me was the 50 for a cheap x-rated battery to verify that wasnt the problem. May hook it up in the dual spot till the wallet heals up. Overhead gun rack, heat shielding from bayou and a switch plate from mystic in the works.

The wallet will never heal because there will always be something newer and better!

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JTW, what fuse block did you use if you dont mind me asking?

Reactions: sharp
J

Jshell3

I got my dual battery setup from the dealership. They are using the SAME battery that comes in the P1k. Like Yausua or something.

Yuasa

Reactions: sharp and Nipper
advertisement
J

JTW

JTW, what fuse block did you use if you dont mind me asking?
I have a relay/fuse bussman... I went this route because of the high amperage lightbar.
Amazon.com: Universal Waterproof Fuse Relay Box Panel Cooper Bussmann ATV UTV RV Boat 4X4: Industrial & Scientific

Dad didn't have anything high amperage so didn't need relays.. he got this one.
Amazon.com : Blue Sea Systems ST Blade Fuse Block - 12 Circuits with Negative Bus & Cover : Fuse Block With Relay : Sports & Outdoors

J

JTW

Here are a couple pics of my setup..
IMG 2630 IMG 2631

I'm running a bussman bar for my ground..

J

JTW

Is that what the red large gauge wire is running to from the negative post of the odyssey? The bussman ground bar?
Yes.. I ran out of black #4.. I ran my oddessy ground all the way back to the stock battery grounding location on the motor. Jumped from the oddessy to the bussman ground bar and ran all of my grinds to it, with the exception of the winch. Its positive and negative are ran directly to the oddessy. The gray box where the air intake use to be is the waterproof fuse/relay box. The tall solenoid to the right of it is the acts as the master "switch" for all accessory power. Then of course is the true battery isolator that runs the positive power between the two batteries. My winch solenoid is mounted behind the oddessy on the passanger frame gusset. To secure the oddessy I ran a cam strap all the way around the bottom of the accessory battery hole. the strap is over both frame cross members on either side of the battery hole. I just dremmled a 1 inch slit in the plastic on the forward/radiator side of the plastic above the forward crossmember.

advertisement