Dual battery removal

dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i have the dual battery setup and was wondering if the extra battery is removed, will the machine still start? The starter relay is buzzing?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
11.8 is pretty much dead as far as I know. How long was it sitting? You might have a parasitic draw necessitating a trickle charger between uses.

OIP

advertisement
dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How old are they and was the buggy sitting for an extended period? Unless both are 'really' old, I find it hard to believe that both died together.
It’s a 2019, i put the dual battery on it about 1 year ago. It might get run once a month but is garage kept with a battery tender. The secondary battery is a Amazon special, gel battery. I find it hard to believe myself, I’ve noticed a glowing led on part of the dual battery kit, i believe i ordered from this site.

Reactions: Backwoods
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It’s a 2019, i put the dual battery on it about 1 year ago. It might get run once a month but is garage kept with a battery tender. The secondary battery is a Amazon special, gel battery. I find it hard to believe myself, I’ve noticed a glowing led on part of the dual battery kit, i believe i ordered from this site.
If it's a True isolator, that blue glowing LED tells you the primary battery is fully charged and the isolator has connected the second battery to the charging circuit.