P1000 Dual Battery Needed?

N

nzeb

Dec 28, 2021
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I currently have a 2018 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I'm adding a front light bar, a rear light bar, and rocker lights all on individual switch's. My question is should I do a dual battery system? I will eventually do a BT stereo and possibly a heater down the road and would prefer to do it right from the start. Also if anyone has any HOW TO links on setting and hooking the lighting systems up it would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty hand especially with plug n play type systems but figuring amps, draws etc is way over my head. Thanks!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@nzeb Or Here! Pics Or It Didn't Happen 😂

Welcome to the club from another Michigander!
First thing we like from FNG`s is pics! Hence the phrase above 🥳

What Scoopy posted will help for sure!
If ur running that much stuff I'd recommend a second battery

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe the 2nd battery is good for the extra accessories your talking about. The extra draw on the system and any possible I’ll effects on the is clutches is what made me add mine. I knew not much on wiring before I did mine but researched on this site and wasn’t too bad.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What they said above, including about powering the electric clutches.
Several great threads on this site, and most use an isolator.

N

nzeb

Dec 28, 2021
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@nzeb Or Here! Pics Or It Didn't Happen 😂

Welcome to the club from another Michigander!
First thing we like from FNG`s is pics! Hence the phrase above 🥳

What Scoopy posted will help for sure!
If ur running that much stuff I'd recommend a second battery

20191129 110037

Sorry it took so long to post, this was a little over two years ago in Northern Wisconsin during the Annual Deer Hunt. Unplowed fire roads through the state forest with 10" of fresh snow. It was a fun ride.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scoop, this was a great video and gave me a lot of great info. I do have another question, when you get the wire harnesses for say a light bar they have a relay, where do you typically mount those?

View attachment 311777
The options, best spots, change depending on year and where you've installed other shtuff.
Left to right, my three relays are the main fuse box key on power relay, front light relay, and I recently zip-tied my last one (rear light relay) to the under hood cross bar because I felt lazy that day.
(If you use a fuse box, you can get rid of the inline fuses.)

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 311775

Sorry it took so long to post, this was a little over two years ago in Northern Wisconsin during the Annual Deer Hunt. Unplowed fire roads through the state forest with 10" of fresh snow. It was a fun ride.
Nice! Got to love fun in the snow!

Reactions: Lady01
Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heres a good option for adding relays for your accessories. I'm adding one to my 1k5 for the extra lights I'm putting on. I already have the second battery setup. It's really compact and saves alot of space over adding multiple full size relays. You can order the relays right there too. For some reason I cant find the 5 relay block that I have. Once you start adding multiple accessories and the related wiring space gets pretty tight under the hood. Where do you hunt in Wisconsin? I hunted a couple years in the Ashland area, pretty country out there.

Reactions: Lady01 and Ogg
advertisement