P1000 Dual Battery for winch on P1K5LE

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scoured the threads here for an explanation of my particular setup. Its on a 2017 P1K5LE with factory winch cables provided. 4500 Warn winch. I just placed the battery in temp position just for trying to have my graphic explained. You probably know by now my wiring expertise is slim to none :). But all the videos say its easy and takes less than 1/2 hr lol.

So a b and c are wires provided with my True Isolator kit. A - is the provided wire from #2 battery negative to frame, B is the provided wire from my positive of #2 battery to left side of Isolator and C is a provided wire to connect main battery positive to right side of Isolator.

Now to move the winch to the #2 Battery. Is it as simple as moving the D wire from the winch connector + connection, disconnect off the solenoid ( think that is what it is) and move it over to the + connection on battery #2?

Can I connect the small black wire to the negative connection of the winch connector or should I take it to the frame? (or somewhere else)

I am looking at the picture and wondering .... is E and F the same wire? (I forgot to chase the wire when I took the pic)

If i connect a dual battery monitor, do i simply connect each red wire to each side of the isolator and ground the monitor to frame (or where else can I)

What is the "white circle" ... a solenoid? (in my graphic I started typing "What is W... but the rest of my sentence didnt get on graphic)

Right now my only accessory is my winch and I wanted the #2 battery for plowing.....will be adding other accessories down that road.. that will be another conversation!

Wiring 2

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Circle is the starter seloinde.
BOTH F and D should be protected as HOT wires.

F IS NOT A GROUND... I repeat NOT a ground!

D can be used to collect battery positive. I see you habe your winch there. That is ok.
Honda recommends this locarion with some accessory vs connecting to the battery. Really, its the same.

B and C is correct. But you can move C to D if you like.

You should hook both the winch + and - direct to the second battery to completly isolate the draw direct to the second battery vs running through the machine.

Use the factoey ground E and extend it to the second battery as frame ground @A if you can. You can create a frame ground if you like too.

Last edited:
UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi.
BOTH F and D be protected as HOT wires.
D can be used to collect battery positive. I see you habe your winch there. That is ok.
Honda recommends this locarion with some accessory vs connecting to the battery. Really, its the same.

I forgot the rest of your questions. Lol
Stand by.

You should hook both the winch + amd - direct to the second battery to completly isolate the draw direct to the second battery vs running through the machine.
Hi.
BOTH F and D should be protected as HOT wires.

F IS NOT A GROUND... I repeat NOT a ground!

You should hook both the winch + and - direct to the second battery to completly isolate the draw direct to the second battery vs running through the machine.

Use the factoey ground E and extend it to the second battery as frame ground @A if you can. You can create a frame ground if you like too.

I get it now... I assume the - negative (black) from the winch connector is direct connected to Battery 1 - negative post. will look at it again. So I take the + positive D (connection between + positive on the winch connector and the hot connection on the solenoid) and move it to connect directly to battery #2 + positive post. Winch then will be directly wired to battery 2. Clear as mud.. thanks!

Reactions: Mudwing