DTC

N

Nickdartez

Dec 6, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am having trouble finding any resources relating to code that popped up on me this weekend while riding, while riding i lost power and the engine light gave me 10 long flashes and 3 short flashes. Anyone have a link to a chart or know what the code means? Once it happened i can turn the bike off and crank it right back up and ride for about 20 minutes before it would do it again. It happened a couple of times then never happened again, i rode it for hours waiting for it to happen again but never did. 2020 P1000.

H

HondaTech

I am having trouble finding any resources relating to code that popped up on me this weekend while riding, while riding i lost power and the engine light gave me 10 long flashes and 3 short flashes. Anyone have a link to a chart or know what the code means? Once it happened i can turn the bike off and crank it right back up and ride for about 20 minutes before it would do it again. It happened a couple of times then never happened again, i rode it for hours waiting for it to happen again but never did. 2020 P1000.

That's one of the 2 injector codes.

Most likely the rear. Certain years of the Pioneer 1000 had bad crimps at the injector connectors causing the signal to be lost and the ecm throws a code for that injector. It will also shut the unit off.

The forum store sells the pigtails to repair this issue, I recommend doing both.