Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My wife and I always take the following week of Labor Day off to go up to our cabin in the Gaylord mi area to do relax and put some miles on our quads. In this case, 175 miles on the P1000. We have a great northern rout trail head just out or cabin door that goes roughly 20+ miles plus junctions to to other trail heads across the whole northern lower, if your a good map navigator lol. We rode some 110 miles in our area trails, then my wife had an idea to take the p1000 to none other than Drummond Island. It's only a 2hr drive from our cabin. So we made a day of the trip. I had forgotten from many years Pryor in my younger days when I was 21 ( hahaha I'm only 41) how rocky as hell that place is. Lots of water holes on the trails from eirlyer in the weeks rains in the trails white knuckles and lots of sight seeing. Very quiet place with just light buzzing a deep drumming sound of UTV & ATV's in the distance. If you ever get the chance and are in my great state of michigan, Riverrat can contest to this, go over the bridge to the up and make the 10 min fairy ride to Drummond Islond, the clear Great Lakes that surround it are a fresh treat with wildlife to view gear hospitality from the people that reside there and to even see the shores of Canada in the distance make the trip well worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
In my younger days, like 45 years ago, we used to run to Drumond Island by snow machine from Thessalon Ontario Canada. It's about 21 miles from the mouth of the Thessalon River to the bar in the centre of the village (just followed the empty Boones Farm bottles). I must take the 700 over there for a ride one of these days. I'm sure the place has changed since my last trip over. Thanks for jarring the memories. It is a beautiful place.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
In my younger days, like 45 years ago, we used to run to Drumond Island by snow machine from Thessalon Ontario Canada. It's about 21 miles from the mouth of the Thessalon River to the bar in the centre of the village (just followed the empty Boones Farm bottles). I must take the 700 over there for a ride one of these days. I'm sure the place has changed since my last trip over. Thanks for jarring the memories. It is a beautiful place.

Yes there is still a bar in the middle of the island lol. Not sure if it's the one your talking about? Snowmobiling there would be cool as well. We talked a lot about that while climbing all the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes there is still a bar in the middle of the island lol. Not sure if it's the one your talking about? Snowmobiling there would be cool as well. We talked a lot about that while climbing all the rocks.

We used to stop at a phone booth when we landed and call US Customs and give them our names and that we were in the United States and for how long we planned on staying, then did the same thing when we landed back in Canada, I bet that wouldn't fly in today's world.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We used to stop at a phone booth when we landed and call US Customs and give them our names and that we were in the United States and for how long we planned on staying, then did the same thing when we landed back in Canada, I bet that wouldn't fly in today's world.

I bet not! Lol that's cool how it use to work that way! Just like when a mans word and a firm hand shake was all you needed. That's Still how I like to do things. but that's a story for another day!

F

fish

May 20, 2016
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bet not! Lol that's cool how it use to work that way! Just like when a mans word and a firm hand shake was all you needed. That's Still how I like to do things. but that's a story for another day!

And in those days it was $0.90 a bottle for the "Ski-Doo Juice" too.

Reactions: Remington